PDA

View Full Version : Been a lurker

rossrods
02-20-2014, 06:59 AM
Hello all good people. Been sitting on the sidelines just peeping in and doing some lurking here and there. I'm proud to say I purchased myself a walnut hill from Richard and now I can finally get involved. Wow great site. I'm just getting started so there's much to learn so excuse me for or (will be) asking many questions. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. Thanks all

sav300
02-20-2014, 07:01 AM
Hi rossrods.Welcome from downunder

Ramar
02-20-2014, 07:33 AM
Welcome, you're about to go broke, be reallll careful!
Ramar

southpaw
02-20-2014, 07:44 AM
Welcome! Your gonna save some money, but first your gonna spends lots! Stay away from the group buy section. It's like a black hole that sucks in all your extra money.

Jerry Jr.

captaint
02-20-2014, 08:08 AM
Welcome rossroads - Yes, this is truly a great site. Many people willing to help out. I, too, have to avoid the Group Buy section. There's always mold there I just have to have - and don't really need..... Mike PS. Read, read, read.

bobthenailer
02-20-2014, 08:18 AM
Welcome to the money pit ! but only for a short time until you get needed equipment , the equipment will pay for itself many times over . "The Fun Priceless"

yman
02-20-2014, 08:20 AM
Welcome aboard, your going to lover this site, alot of people here with alot of good advice. I am still learning to work the search engine to look up old posts. But if you just fire out a question you will get an answer from someone. Happy reloading.

MtGun44
02-20-2014, 09:11 AM
"have purchased a walnut hill from Richard and now I can get involved."

Welcome - but I have no idea what this means.

Bill

Wayne Smith
02-20-2014, 09:13 AM
I think it means that he will be hanging out in the swaging section! And spending lots of money.

bangerjim
02-20-2014, 02:30 PM
I tell the wife, "This hobby that was going to save us hundreds......is now costing us thousands! But it DOES keep me out of the bars and whorehouses!" [smilie=1:

Welcome to the conversation.

banger

mikeym1a
02-20-2014, 02:53 PM
Welcome aboard. This is a great site. But, there are a few snarky members who seem to delight in bashing a newbies uninformed questions. So, If you ask an innocent question and get hit with a 2X4, don't worry about it. If you have a question, try looking through the various 'forums', and the 'stickies'. These were posts about some generally basic areas that were worth keeping around for later reference. There are lots of well informed people who will help. It's a neat site.

LUBEDUDE
02-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Welcome to the Forum.

rossrods
02-20-2014, 04:56 PM
Welcome to the Forum.

Thanks all. Little worried about the money pit LOL. You know it's funny it always seems when you have a question you want answered, and you go out searching thru the forum you can never find the right thread just for your question. Then someone says we just spoke about that issue or topic just a few hours ago. Anyways I will ask for a pardon from all before I post a thread. I've got the worst luck about bringing up what I think is the newest and greatest thing, then come to find out it's already been mentioned. Anyways looking forward to asking questions. Even if I'm the grunt. So yes I will be making a fool of myself. Take care, checking back in soon. LOL,

starmac
02-20-2014, 04:57 PM
I look at things different. (the bright side) A guy can spend thousands on this hobby, but it is pretty much like a savings account. If I croak tonight, My wife could gather up everything firearms related (guns, reloading and casting equipment, ammo, components and all accessories) and take them to the first auction and get it back with interest. The only loss would be what went down range. I/she can live with that.

xs11jack
02-20-2014, 09:57 PM
While you do save money, sometimes you just have to find a few extra bucks for that new rifle, die, powder, whatever. I told my wife I was desperate for gun powder and was going to go sell my body! She said Please don't, you will end up owing them money!!!
Ole Jack

waksupi
02-20-2014, 10:34 PM
These guys over state the down side of this hobby. It isn't any worse than owning a boat.

Welcome aboard!

bnelson06
02-20-2014, 11:21 PM
An old inboard with its share of issues boat lol. Welcome

dagger dog
02-21-2014, 01:11 AM
Hey from Hoosierland !

MrWolf
02-21-2014, 07:42 AM
Welcome. Like they say read, read, read. And when you see that new mould or dies you have to have, read, read, read - it will slow down the purchasing some :Fire:

a.squibload
02-22-2014, 03:20 AM
Welcome, tons of info here and lots of help.

Search tip somebody suggested, works well:
suppose you're looking here for info on widgets.
Go to Ixquick, Dogpile, whatever.
Enter "widgets site:castboolits.gunloads.com".
There are others but site: is easy to remember.

mpbarry1
02-22-2014, 03:32 AM
ughhh. boats... this is much better. you can sell you equipment if you tire of it and not lose a ton of money! but you won't tire of it. welcome aboard!

Jammersix
02-22-2014, 05:22 AM
Welcome - but I have no idea what this means.

It means he wants to swage, not cast.

Cmm_3940
02-24-2014, 10:26 PM
Congrats on a successful delurk. If you can't get your questions answered here, umm...., I'm not sure what you would do in that case.

GaryN
02-25-2014, 12:48 AM
Welcome to the forum!! Read all the stickies. They have a wealth of information on about everything cast boolit related.