PDA

View Full Version : dillon 650 ?

gunoil
02-20-2014, 12:15 AM
do u prime & powder in one station on a dillon 650?

runfiverun
02-20-2014, 01:14 AM
yep station number 2, it's actually 2 different steps though.
the case rotates in from being sized and de-primed in station 1, it then get's the primer on the down stroke at station 2.
it is then raised to get the powder before being moved to station number 3 once again on the down stroke.
it operates in a zig-zag up and down pattern, more than in a circle.

VHoward
02-20-2014, 01:37 AM
Yes. The case gets sized in station 1 then the shellplate rotates and the case is at station 2, you push porward on the handle at that time to seat the new primer, then when you lower the handle raising the case into the powder die, it get charged at that time, then it moves on.

The priming system on the xl650 has been the most reliable one I have found.

6bg6ga
02-20-2014, 07:56 AM
In the case of my 650 sizing and depriming is station 1, station 2 is priming and belling the mouth slightly for the bullet and adding the powder. Station 3 for me is a bullet dropper dropping the bullet on the case. Station 4 is seating the bullet and station 5 is crimping.

I will add that I had a problem with my new 650 in which when the turret was rotated the powder came out of the case. I solved the problem by cutting off a coil from the ball detent spring under the shell plate. It no longer jecks and snaps into position spilling powder.

I will also add that I like the Dillon dies better than others in the 650.

jmorris
02-20-2014, 10:15 AM
The LNL is pretty much the same except it half indexes on the down stroke and half on the up. So instead of priming and powder charge happening at #2 like a dillon. Priming is at 1.5 and powder is at #2, on the LNL.