PDA

View Full Version : Some help with a 1911 barrel throating tutorial?

BD
02-17-2014, 08:06 PM
I see a thread here about once a month or so which involves 1911 leading, or a failure to completely chamber a cast boolit round, and generally I feel that the underlying issue is lack of a throat. Over the weekend I throated an after market commander barrel for a build I did for my wife and I got some before and after pictures which explain the issue, and the process, pretty well. My wife even agreed to shoot a short 20 second video showing the reaming being done.
I've managed to post a few pictures here in the past, but I recently made the move to MAC, I'm long winded, I can't figure out to post the video and I'm not currently flush with free time. What I'm hoping for is a collaborator who I could email the pics and vid to. Someone who would be willing to spend the time to crop them, shrink them down and put them into a suitable post. Maybe if it was condensed enough it could become part of a general "1911 leading" sticky.
Any volunteers?
BD

detox
02-17-2014, 08:16 PM
Youtube is best. Simply register to start your account then upload files to Youtube from your computer. Then copy and paste link here. Do you know how to copy then paste using your mouse?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c66pvfilotA

BD
02-18-2014, 07:09 PM
OK, forget it.

junkpile
02-18-2014, 07:47 PM
Check your inbox.

lka
02-18-2014, 08:24 PM
I see a thread here about once a month or so which involves 1911 leading, or a failure to completely chamber a cast boolit round, and generally I feel that the underlying issue is lack of a throat. Over the weekend I throated an after market commander barrel for a build I did for my wife and I got some before and after pictures which explain the issue, and the process, pretty well. My wife even agreed to shoot a short 20 second video showing the reaming being done.
I've managed to post a few pictures here in the past, but I recently made the move to MAC, I'm long winded, I can't figure out to post the video and I'm not currently flush with free time. What I'm hoping for is a collaborator who I could email the pics and vid to. Someone who would be willing to spend the time to crop them, shrink them down and put them into a suitable post. Maybe if it was condensed enough it could become part of a general "1911 leading" sticky.
Any volunteers?
BD

I can help ya out if needed, you could email me the vid and I could upload to YouTube and give you the link if needed,,

My email is lkapolitical@gmail.com

Good luck ;)

BD
02-19-2014, 09:17 AM
Thankfully Junkpile is going to help me out with this. I really appreciate it.
BD