PDA

View Full Version : Black Powder 00buck shotshells

00buck
02-16-2014, 08:51 PM
Howdy Pards

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes

I want to load up some 00buck with black powder... in plastic hulls. I dont have any brass hulls.. and may not need them. I know the plastic hulls will only be good for 1 shot because the black powder burns little holes in them. Ive loaded up birdshot and found that out.

I found a load using 95grs of FFg.. 9 pellets and no buffer

What are "old style over powder cards, old style wads and over shot cards" ?

I'm guessing they are not like "new style" :)

Thanks

00buck

Nobade
02-17-2014, 08:37 AM
Just poke around here:
http://circlefly.com/html/welcome.html

And learn all about it! Great folks to deal with, they can get you whatever you need to make it work.

-Nobade

00buck
02-17-2014, 09:03 PM
Appreciate the response.. I've havent had to use 0vershot cards yet. I'll check them out.

need a roll crimper too.

Buzzard II
02-18-2014, 10:57 PM
You may check at Precision Reloading for the roll crimper. Ballistic Products also has them, but at a higher price.

ksfowler166
02-19-2014, 12:15 AM
As you probably found out old style os/card wads are the same as the new ones. The old just refers to the fact that os/card wads are not often used by the majority of reloaders. I would buy an old style hand cranked roll crimper (good luck finding one in good shape at a decent price). Or you could buy an old Lyman roll crimper (failing that buy the precision reloading one) and a drill press to mount it in. The BPI would be my last choice for a roll crimper.

I am curious though what gun are you planning on shooting this out of?

00buck
02-26-2014, 10:47 PM
I've been shopping around for manuals.. I'm lacking shotgun reloading manuals.

I was going to use my stoeger double barrel. I shoot CAS and reloaded birdshot for smoke and flame :)

I belong to a deer hunting club and every year same guys are patterning their shotguns at our club. I let them try my shotgun with 3 inch buckshot and make them cry :).. it kicks a little.

Next season I'm going to shoot blackpowder buckshot and scare them to death :D

I'm afraid to actually hunt with it because I'm afraid of burning the woods down :D