PDA

View Full Version : Any information available ...

badgeredd
02-16-2014, 11:37 AM
I am trying to find some information on a mold I picked up yesterday at a NW IN gunshow. I have found a little information on the web, but I am hoping that a few members here that are also ASSRA members might have more pertinent information.

The mold in question is made by F.J. Zika. As far as i can find, he is from Countyside, IL and is a custom gunsmith as well as a mold maker. Other markings on the mold are "-042-", "8mm","DWM-MV" and "C018". It appears to have a stop band and is missing a base pin. I am assuming the base pin was to make a hollow base of sorts.

Likely, Greenfrog and Dale53 may be privy to more information, Maybe someone from the area southwest of Chicago will have more information than is available on the web through Bing and Google.

Edd

Dale53
02-16-2014, 02:58 PM
Frank Zika was a precision machinist whose interest was in Schuetzen shooting. He made a number of Schuetzen specific parts and tools. I haven't been to an ASSRA match since I lost the vision in my right eye (which ended my rifle shooting days) but a check of the ASSRA Forum will tell you if Frank is still active:
http://www.assra.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

FWIW
Dale53

Green Frog
02-16-2014, 03:28 PM
As Dale stated, Frank is a well-known fixture at the ASSRA National Matches. I'm a bit of an amateur machinist myself but I personally regard Frank as one of the great machinists... a true artisan. I have never seen anything he made that was not top shelf all the way. Now for the bad news... getting him to do custom work tends to be slow and frustrating because there are only 24 hours in his day, and a lot of people want him to do something for him in those hours! I'll reply to your PM and give you a possible contact for him.

Froggie

HARRYMPOPE
02-16-2014, 03:39 PM
I had one of his molds that adjusted like the ideal "pefection" molds.it was absolutely beautiful.

badgeredd
02-16-2014, 08:24 PM
Thank you fellas. I hadn't heard of him prior to finding this mold, but the quality appears top notch so I'd like to get it making bullets again.

Edd