PDA

View Full Version : Is there a best mold design for PC?

jacobslagle018
02-15-2014, 02:36 PM
I started PC bullets a week or two ago. I have only cast lee 326-120TC bullets so far. These have taken PC easy and shoot great. Today at a gun show I found a lee 365-124 2R mold for 15 and picked it up. I was wondering if these would take PC just as easy as the TC version mold. Also does one of theses provide better accuracy over the other?

mdi
02-15-2014, 02:47 PM
Well, I have been playing with PC bullets for a few weeks now, and have done RNFP and SWC with standard grooves, and RNFP and SWC with tumble lube design, plus flat based, bevel based, and gascheck based and all types seem to be equal as for coating.

bangerjim
02-15-2014, 11:38 PM
EVERYTHING I have coated works no matter what the design. Just coat and shoot! You will be happy.

banger

kryogen
02-17-2014, 12:01 AM
I already have one of those 356-124-2R, and ordered a TC like you have.

Havent pced yet, gun on its way.
Will cast and try both and report in a few weeks I would say.

totalloser
02-17-2014, 03:54 PM
To answer OP, I would say "yes". IMO the best mold design for the electrostatic PC method is any hollow point design. The reason it is superior to all others is that the hollow point can be placed over nail points for full coating without coating the anode. And once it is on the point, the block supporting the nails (connected via flashing, pop can etc.) is very stable to get the mold/boolits back and forth from coating to oven. This setup also concentrates the PC where it matters most- on the bearing surface which interchanges with the barrel.

RP
02-17-2014, 07:19 PM
I agree with totalloser by far the best for me as far as speed and coverage. I do like the molds some have that have no lube groves at all not sure if they will catch on.