PDA

View Full Version : How do you navigate through the CastBoolits?

osteodoc08
02-14-2014, 03:21 PM
I was just curious what peoples "standard operating procedure" was when logging onto the cast boolits website.

For me I typically go in this order:

Castboolits
CBloads, favorite cartridge
Leverguns
Wheelguns
Swap and Sell

Then as time allows I typically go to:

OurTown
Molds
Equipment
Rifles
Rimfire
Group Buys
Then the rest

Since it is slow at my new job and the site isnt blocked, I can peruse a while each day. I typically run through it again before bed instead of watching TV or ill run through it on my tablet/iphone while the wife is watching her shows.

This is more of a question/thread of curiosity than anything else.

Calamity Jake
02-14-2014, 03:43 PM
I start at the top and work my way down, I skip some of the pages that don't interest me,
likd paper patching and political.

JonB_in_Glencoe
02-14-2014, 03:45 PM
I have the defaults set in the search function to bring up all the posts I've been active in during the last five days...
Then I just wander around

obssd1958
02-14-2014, 04:05 PM
I go to User CP (left click on your handle, in the upper right corner of the screen, and choose User CP) to see if any of the threads I am subscribed to/posted in, have any new posts. It also tells me if there are any new posts in the groups I belong to.
After that, I go to Our Town, and check out Our Chapel and In Remembrance. Then down the rest of the threads in Our Town.
If I still have time to spend here, I'll go to "Today", and see if there is anything that catches my interest.

wcp4570
02-14-2014, 07:13 PM
I have the feedly app on the iPhone and it provides all new post for castboolits. I scroll thru the posts and click to expand anything I want to read, then if I want to see all comments the app opens the full feed. From there you see all comments and can even reply as I am doing here. The feedly app makes it easy to keep up with your favorite forums. I currently follow about 10 forums this way. Got to love technology.

Forgot to mention that you can use the feedly app inside Firefox from your computer as well. It lets you use all forum functions while using the app on smart phone or computer.

wcp

N4AUD
02-14-2014, 07:23 PM
I just scroll through "Unread Posts" until I see something that interests me.

fryboy
02-14-2014, 07:54 PM
swapping and selling ( cuz i want to see who who got all the good deals lolz )
actually i come in on the home page and see if i have any messages first
after that .. i scroll down to anywhere , i tend to be random , if i have something i've been wanting to post i go to the spot and get it over with then it's that random thing , we all have our fav aspects of the site ,mine are ( in no particular order ) lube,alloy,special projects ( some of you guys are amazing !! and i really miss duke's projects - besides he takes better fotos than i do lolz )and S&S , i try to make humor my last forum ( because a day with laughter is ...)

seanhagerty
02-14-2014, 08:10 PM
I read all "new posts". Well, maybe I browse to see if something catches my eye.

btroj
02-14-2014, 09:21 PM
I go top to bottom thru sections I care about then repeat.

bhn22
02-14-2014, 10:19 PM
I go through from bottom to top. This is only because I start with the S&S section. I got tired of missing out on deals by only a minute or two. Now I start there, and return constantly when I'm in acquisition mode.

tommag
02-14-2014, 11:33 PM
Usually, our town, then the pit. After that, I try to remember if I've posted something lately and take a look(if I remember what it was). Then off to swapping and selling. I usually finish by scrolling through the various categories looking for something that might interest me.

WILCO
02-14-2014, 11:54 PM
Our town and then political. After that, I wander around.

scb
02-15-2014, 12:06 AM
Start by clicking here:96771

Stop when I come to this:96772

pretzelxx
02-15-2014, 12:16 AM
I use tapatalk on my android. Its a timeline, so the most recent posts are what I read, usually scroll thru at last the top 50

jeepyj
02-15-2014, 08:14 PM
I seem to find myself at S&S to see what I missed then "cast boolits" then "our town"
Jeepyj

imashooter2
02-15-2014, 08:46 PM
Quick links, New Posts. I really like the feature that doesn't mark forums read until you do so manually.

jonp
02-16-2014, 10:13 AM
All over as it strikes my fancy but some sections I don't visit as they don't interest me a great deal at this point.

uscra112
02-16-2014, 10:46 PM
GPS and deLorme Topo

MT Gianni
02-17-2014, 03:28 PM
Staff, Hunting, Our Town, Cast, Molds, favorite Cartridge & Loads, surplus powder, Single shots, Levers, sixguns, factory rifles humor of the pit gets no more than 5 minutes. If I have time I will check out some of the rest.

meece
02-17-2014, 04:06 PM
I use tapatalk on my android. Its a timeline, so the most recent posts are what I read, usually scroll thru at last the top 50

Same for me. Use tapatalk on my phone to check the forum a few times a day.

Bullshop Junior
02-20-2014, 11:41 AM
I browse from tapatalk normaly. I veiw my subsribed threads, and then start down the unread post. If on my Computer, I read off the today option.