PDA

View Full Version : Merit Aperture sight models, threads, and parts

ohland
02-13-2014, 04:29 PM
Wow, sorta confusing.

http://www.meritcorporation.com/products.html

Sizes, shank lengths, and threads available:
http://www.meritcorporation.com/size_info.html

Merit Optical Attachment Attaches with a non-scratch suction cup. [ed. use monofilament for a dummy cord...] Aperture varies from .022 in. to .156 in. diameter.

#4 Hunting Disc - 1/2" disc, Aperture from .022 to .156 inches diameter. Two screws on face. Standard 7/32-40 thread (10-32 for 4 SP72 sight).

#4 Shank Lengths
4 SS 5/16"
4 LS 11/32"
4 ELS 15/32"

#3 Master / Target disc (Master has Lightshield)
Thread sizes available: 7/32-40, #10-32, #10-40.
Threaded shanks available in three lengths.
Metric adapter for use on European 9.5mm-1mm threaded sights.
Redfield International & Olympic Adapter Series 75, Olympic &
Intnl. Require Adapter
Aperture .22 - .125

#3 shanks now available in #10-40 and #10-32 thread in addition to our standard 7/32-40 thread

#3 Shank Lengths
Shank
S S 19/64"
L S 11/32"
3 A 15/32"

Optical Attachment
V.I.A. Standard 1/2 min windage (Merit Master sight)
V.I.A. National Match 1/4 min windage (Merit Master sight)
#4 Hunting Disc
#3 Target Disc
#3 Master Disc w/Lt. Shield
Lens Disc (has optical glass insert) w/Plain Face
Lens Disc w/1 1/2" Lt. Shield (has optical glass insert)
Redfield International & Olympic Adapter
Metric Adapter
Replacement Suction Cup
1 1/2" Diameter Light Shield Asm.

:coffeecom

NSB
02-13-2014, 05:38 PM
I've been using these apertures for over twenty years and I've found them to be of excellent quality. The best part of the Merit Corporation is that if you have a question or problem you can speak directly to the owner most of the time. They stand behind what they sell and they are always there to answer questions if you have any. I've used their eye glass suction cup device for silhouette, bullseye, and just plinking on my own range. I also have several of their apertures on Williams receiver sights and various tang sights for my single shot rifles. I've always been satisfied with them.

W.R.Buchanan
02-13-2014, 07:43 PM
I use them as well on my Springfield rifles with Lyman receiver sights. The adjustable aperture feature is valuable in changing light conditions thruout the day.

Mine are both 5/8" dia. target models and I don't use the Eyecup.

Good quality product.

Randy

ohland
02-13-2014, 11:25 PM
I've found them to be of excellent quality

Ditto, I always am on lurk mode. I have a #3 Master on my 540XR, love it.

gnoahhh
02-14-2014, 01:26 PM
I don't leave home without one. Handiest thing ever for adapting to changing light conditions in the deer woods.

texassako
02-14-2014, 02:21 PM
Anyone used, or know someone who has used, the lens disc ground to their eyeglasses prescription? I think one of those would be good so I can ditch the glasses, if it works well.

waksupi
02-14-2014, 03:05 PM
Anyone used, or know someone who has used, the lens disc ground to their eyeglasses prescription? I think one of those would be good so I can ditch the glasses, if it works well.

There is no lens in a Merit.

ohland
02-14-2014, 03:47 PM
There is no lens in a Merit.

http://www.meritcorporation.com/products.html and scroll down to the Merit Lens Disc

Merit Lens Disc
For the rifleman who requires, or desires, an optical lens to further sharpen his sight picture. This disc utilizes the #3 aperture assembly and provides a cavity to mount a prescription ground lens.

Lens is properly cushioned to protect it from shock of recoil.
May be easily removed for cleaning or replacement.
You are always sighting through the optical center of the lens.
Eliminates steaming of glasses.

Your eye doctor can prescribe the appropriate correction for the lens. Most opticians can grind a lens for you locally. If unavailable though, contact:

Bob Jones
5115 East Edgemont
Phoenix, AZ 85008
(602)840-2176 6-10pm MST

The Merit Lens Discs are available with or without the rubber Lightshield.

NSB
02-14-2014, 03:49 PM
http://www.meritcorporation.com/products.html and scroll down to the Merit Lens Disc

Merit Lens Disc
For the rifleman who requires, or desires, an optical lens to further sharpen his sight picture. This disc utilizes the #3 aperture assembly and provides a cavity to mount a prescription ground lens.

Lens is properly cushioned to protect it from shock of recoil.
May be easily removed for cleaning or replacement.
You are always sighting through the optical center of the lens.
Eliminates steaming of glasses.

Your eye doctor can prescribe the appropriate correction for the lens. Most opticians can grind a lens for you locally. If unavailable though, contact:

Bob Jones
5115 East Edgemont
Phoenix, AZ 85008
(602)840-2176 6-10pm MST

The Merit Lens Discs are available with or without the rubber Lightshield.

I've had them and used them. Both Bob Jones and Merit are A+++ to deal with.

ohland
02-14-2014, 08:13 PM
I've had them and used them. Both Bob Jones and Merit are A+++ to deal with.

Without tearing your Merit Lens Disc apart, where is the lens installed? I >assume< that it is held to the rear of the iris (towards the shooter).