PDA

View Full Version : 130 bb h&g mold ?

jetsfan-24
02-13-2014, 12:55 PM
ok guys I got an 130 BB H&G mold on the way can anybody tell me a little about it ? thanks

Le Loup Solitaire
02-13-2014, 10:02 PM
The #130 H&G was a favorite of several leading shooters back in he day. The BB feature has always been controversial as to whether it is more accurate than the non BB or not. If run through a lubrisizer it will come out with a ring of lube where the BB is. But it is easier to start in the case. The nose design feeds well; it is/was used in 45 match ammo with jacketed bullets. It is an easy design to cast and with H&G it has a very low rejection rate. One lube groove and weighs around 185-195 grains depending on the alloy. With the properly adjusted powder charge...3.5 grains of Bullseye was a popular load...it shot accurately. If your mold is a 4 cav you'll have no prob with production #'s. LLS

SWANEEDB
02-13-2014, 10:07 PM
ok guys I got an 130 BB H&G mold on the way can anybody tell me a little about it ? thanks

And, it (hopefully) will be in the mail tomorrow, got the $ today, Thanks.

bhn22
02-14-2014, 12:48 AM
The 130 is actually a wadcutter mold. Wadcutters for semi-autos typically have a long body, but a short nose. This design was very popular in its day, and is an excellent bullet. Semi-wadcutters for semi-autos typically have shorter bodies, and longer noses. There is a huge amount of overlap in the performance of both designs.

Dale53
02-14-2014, 01:22 AM
I have an original four cavity H&G #130 mould. It casts like a dream and shoots like a champ! It is a bit more finicky about feeding in some 1911's (mine have never been a problem with it but there are some out there that may have a problem with it. It also shoots well in my 625's.

It is important to watch your loads as it takes a bit less powder for the same pressure that an H&G #68 does, as an example, simply because the #130 seats deeper in the case leaving less powder space. Further, it doesn't cut as clean a hole in the target that the #68 does, if that is important to you.

It surely shoots well in my guns, tho', and THAT is a fact.

FWIW
Dale53