PDA

View Full Version : Question on HF powder coating gun

Floydster
02-12-2014, 05:41 PM
Got my HF gun today, there is a little rubber O ring and a fuse in a small packet,
can someone tell me what the O ring is for?? Can't find anything in the manual about either of them.
Also has anyone had trouble blowing the little fuse??

Thanks for any input:)

Beagle333
02-12-2014, 07:51 PM
I have never blown the fuse. I remember somebody blew an Oring when this first started, with overpressure.

bangerjim
02-12-2014, 08:12 PM
HF always puts "spare parts" crapola in their products.....especially motor brushes! OMG!

Only a major electronics failure would blow that fuse, and that failure would probably mean the thing is toast anyway!

The o-ring.........who knows? Just keep it in a bag for a rainy day!

banger

RP
02-17-2014, 07:29 PM
What they need to do is make the gun fit the bottles that the PC comes in its just to close not to work agggg I hate a tease. Or maybe they do that so you will dick up the gun trying to use the powder bottle

Beagle333
02-17-2014, 07:44 PM
I would imagine that's to keep folks from screwing a new jar of powder directly to the gun. It won't spray worth anything if you bury that little air nubbin on the gun with a whole jar of powder.
(but I'm just guessin.):?:

(technical description: short silver thingy with small hole in side of it = nubbin)[smilie=1:

Floydster
02-17-2014, 09:12 PM
You mean to tell me the jars the powder comes in don't fit the gun?...

fcvan
02-17-2014, 09:13 PM
The gun comes with two jars that fit the gun, but the jars the powder comes in do not fit the gun

Floydster
02-17-2014, 09:19 PM
Thanks fcvan, one would think the extra jars would fit the gun!,,

bangerjim
02-18-2014, 01:44 AM
Thanks fcvan, one would think the extra jars would fit the gun!,,

The spare EMPTY jars that come in the box DO fit. The jars that the powders are sold in DO NOT fit. That is done to keep people from screwing on a full jar!

You can get the powder jars to (sort of) screw on by wrapping black electrical tape around the threads. I do that with empty jars to have several available. If you don't, the jar can easily fall off and make a mess.

Again, do NOT use a full new jar of powder on the gun as you will NOT be happy with the performance!!!!!!

banger

TheDoctor
02-18-2014, 05:49 PM
Why did someone have to say that? Now the perfectly fitting jar I have been using is gonna quit working!