PDA

View Full Version : Swede stocks

dubber123
02-12-2014, 04:59 PM
The little carbine I am attempting to resurrect had a badly bubba'd stock. Does anyone know if the barrel channels are similar amongst all the Swedes? This is an earlier carbine, model 1894, I believe. If I could modify a regular infantry rifle stock to work it would be great, I just don't know if barrel profiles changed. Thanks.

dubber123
02-13-2014, 10:13 PM
Have I stumped everyone? :)

W.R.Buchanan
02-13-2014, 11:12 PM
Dubber: the guy to contact is Dutchman. He is the resident Swede guru. He will know the answer for sure.

I am pretty sure they are the same as the carbines and I don't think the barrels were bedded all the full length.

The M94 carbine is one of my must haves I have a Swede Rifle, but the Carbines are simply too cool to not have one.

They do tend to be difficult to get cast boolits to shoot well but you will have no problems getting 139 gr quality bullets to excel.

Randy

akajun
02-13-2014, 11:23 PM
Dubber: the guy to contact is Dutchman. He is the resident Swede guru. He will know the answer for sure.

I am pretty sure they are the same as the carbines and I don't think the barrels were bedded all the full length.

The M94 carbine is one of my must haves I have a Swede Rifle, but the Carbines are simply too cool to not have one.

They do tend to be difficult to get cast boolits to shoot well but you will have no problems getting 139 gr quality bullets to excel.

RandyI believe they will, as the swedes converted many m96 into m38 carbines. If you need a stock I have a m96 walnut with hand guard for sale for. $60 shipped, in good shape

dubber123
02-13-2014, 11:24 PM

Randy

Thanks for the reply. I did shoot Dutchman a note as I remembered him as the one who helped me ID this orphan originally. He hadn't gotten back to me, and I didn't want to nag him, so I posted here. If he doesn't chime in, I have a fellow who may be able to get me some measurements.

dubber123
02-13-2014, 11:28 PM
I believe they will, as the swedes converted many m96 into m38 carbines. If you need a stock I have a m96 walnut with hand guard for sale for. $60 shipped, in good shape

I would be inclined to believe you are right in that case, but this is an earlier carbine model 1894, having an 18" barrel versus the 23-1/2" I believe of the M38. They might still be the same. If I could get some measurements from the barrel channel of your stock from the receiver ring forward at a few points, that would help. Thanks.

Dutchman
02-14-2014, 12:40 AM
The m/38 is not a carbine.

The m/94 is the carbine. And the barrels are different between m/94 and m/96. There's 9 inches of difference in length so barrel steps are different.

Its a lot of work to do what you suggest.

Dutch

Hang Fire
02-14-2014, 02:21 PM
You are ever so right Dutch, once introduced, the M38 became the standard battle rifle for the Swedish Army.

dubber123
02-15-2014, 01:47 PM
Thank you for the help gentlemen, I'll figure my way out of this somehow.