PDA

View Full Version : Well, the princess did it again... Walleye fishing trip anyone?

southpaw
02-12-2014, 01:51 PM
We were at the outdoor expo last week and the kids saw the fishing pond. For the life of me I can't figure why they want to fish in one of those ponds when they have gone to real ponds but hey, lets do it. So we paid the $5 each away we went. My boy was more or less on his own since he can atleast see over the side. Well, the little girl caught one. My boy had a bunch come over but would turn away less than an inch from the lure.

This brings me to the main point of the post. She won a free walleye fishing trip from shore nuf charters on lake erie http://shore-nuf.com/. It's actually more of a buy one get one free sorta deals. Here is the thing, I am not gonna drive over 6 hours one way to go fishing for the afternoon. If someone is in that area or is going to be in that area before 9-26-14 let me know and I will get it in the mail for you. It is only good on weekdays. Just one little stipulation, since this was geared towards kids and getting them out fishing I would like to see it go to someone that wants to take their kid fishing.

If you are interested check out the site, it's about $40 per person for weekdays 0700-1400, 0800-1500 and 1430-2130 on the head boat (larger group of people).

Jerry Jr.

MaryB
02-13-2014, 12:45 AM
An afternoon can be all that is needed for a limit on Erie if the captain/guide is any good. When I would take the occasional resort person(parents had a camper at a resort, I fished the lake so much that I would guide once in awhile) out for a day on the lake I could usually get them onto decent fish and enough to get at least close to the limit if they wanted to keep a bunch. One summer I spent up there before my senior year in high school made me $5,000 taking people out.

cattleskinner
02-13-2014, 01:26 PM
My wife and I were talking about going up and jumping on a head boat this summer with the kids. I wouldn't mind if you sent it my way, we are an hour south of the lake. I will message you my address. Thanks Jerry.

southpaw
02-13-2014, 10:34 PM
Cattleskinner,

Johnch sent me a pm yesterday asking for it. I will put you second in line.

The kids are quite the little fishermans. My boy has learned pretty fast and has used nothing but a pfuger open faced real. He has no problem with casting on his own, well ok most of the time. Atleast he hasn't hooked me. Daughter number one seems to be the lucky one. This was her second time going to the expo and she caught a fish. She also won a little fishing derby this past summer. When we go fishing in one of the ponds she seems to hook up with a ~18" large mouth on a 5' light action.

I don't get much fishing in myself but that's ok. I am getting pretty good at tying hooks on, taking fish off of hooks, baiting hooks and ducking out of the way at the same time.

Jerry Jr.

MaryB
02-14-2014, 12:54 AM
Sounds like when I started taking my nephews and nieces out when they were little(Time flies, half of them are in the military now). I gave up fishing when i was out with them and instead had a ball teaching them how to fish, how I was reading the depth finder, how the spots I was showing them on the depth finder lined up with spots on shore...