PDA

View Full Version : Loading Equipment Given to Soon to be Hooked Co-Worker

Silver Jack Hammer
02-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Yesterday a co-worker gave some old loading equipment, enough to get started to a fellow co-worker who loves guns and loves to shoot but doesn't reload. (?) The receiving co-worker said: "Thanks. You guys are like drug dealers; -Here the first one's free. Then after that it's an addiction."

The receiving co-worker got an old vintage Lyman C press made out of cast iron and looks stronger than a modern O press, it's grey and sits at an angle on the bench. Also a mish mash of dies, an old scale and some home made blocks, some Winchester powder. Enough to get started, he's being started on the .38 Special.

His wife told us gee, thanks. We told her at least this is a hobby he'll do at home.

The giving co worker just got re-married. He's telling stories of unbolting his press and sitting on the couch watching chick flicks while priming cases.

smokesahoy
02-12-2014, 10:29 AM
haha yeah i'm married too, i have a lee hand press and auto prime for the couch while we watch something.

by the time i go to the reload room i go down with one of the huge coffee cans full of about 800 cases that are decapped and sized, primed and belled. once powder comes into the situation that is all done at the bench where it gets my complete attention.

same thing when i watch my daughter during the day, she watches cartoons and i spend time with her doing more prep work. its a great way to get a whole lot of loading in and you really dont even notice it.

FergusonTO35
02-12-2014, 10:38 AM
Yep, I gave my best friend a bunch of reloading crack the other day!

AlaskanGuy
02-12-2014, 10:43 AM
That sounds like an old spartan by lyman.... Alaskangurl uses mine... It has a perm spot on the bench......96572 its the one on the far left....

AG

Silver Jack Hammer
02-12-2014, 11:21 AM
AlaskanGuy you are correct, it looks just like your old spartan by lyman

AlaskanGuy
02-12-2014, 11:44 AM
I tell you what, them old spartans are awesome... Cant find a tuffer press, easy to use... I still have the primer feed tubes, and started reloading with the very same one almost 40 years ago.... It will last longer then you will live.

John Allen
02-12-2014, 12:04 PM
Reloading is bad addiction.

bhn22
02-12-2014, 01:30 PM
This is why the sound of a shot being fired is referred to as a "crack".

Finish him off, make inhale the aroma of a Winchester powder.

Norbrat
02-12-2014, 07:23 PM
This is why the sound of a shot being fired is referred to as a "crack".

Finish him off, make inhale the aroma of a Winchester powder.

CastingFool
02-12-2014, 07:36 PM
Like that aromatherapy poster.

junkpile
02-12-2014, 07:56 PM
I really don't understand why some women think anything involving reloading is bad. It's a wholesome, constructive activity, done at home, saves money, and it's a good family activity. How many other things can you say that about?

Got a bigger version of that aromatherapy poster? I think I'd like to hang it in my office opposite my Duke painting.

Dale53
02-12-2014, 10:09 PM
Early in our marriage, my wife made a mild complaint about me spending "too much time" reloading and shooting. I said, all right. You pick the activity - reloading and shooting or girl chasing, YOUR choice. We have been married fifty-five years and she hasn't complained since.

Use this information at your own risk...[smilie=1:

FWIW
Dale53

GP100man
02-14-2014, 08:04 AM
That`s funny rite dar ,I don`t care who ya are !!!! LMAO

I told mine basiclly the same thing 29yrs ago !!!

Still Grinning !!!

6bg6ga
02-14-2014, 08:25 AM
Early in our marriage, my wife made a mild complaint about me spending "too much time" reloading and shooting. I said, all right. You pick the activity - reloading and shooting or girl chasing, YOUR choice. We have been married fifty-five years and she hasn't complained since.

FWIW
Dale53

Mine said something similar years ago. Now I have her hooked on shooting.

Bigscot
02-15-2014, 01:37 PM
My wife made a similar remark about hunting. I told her that if you count the Saturdays and holidays between Labor day and the end of February, there are only about 30 some days to hunt. Can't hunt on Sunday in N.C. I then said I could take golf back up and be gone Saturdays and Sundays and holidays year around. Haven't had any issues since. It helps that I took/take my kids with me.

FWIW
Dale53

Three44s
02-16-2014, 02:49 AM
Um, my wife came with her own guns ...........

She don't load but has no objections to my hobby! ........ she helps unload them!

Also, has cabbaged onto some of my guns ..........

I don't mind ........... she's worth it!

Count me happy!

Three 44s