PDA

View Full Version : Kake Kutter Question

Char-Gar
09-02-2005, 09:30 AM
Is there still a source for Kake Kutters or something like that to remove bullets that have been pan lubed? I have several but none in the size I want (.383-385). I have an old 375 H&H case with the head ground off that I have used, but I would like to have something more substantial. Any ideas?

Leftoverdj
09-02-2005, 09:51 AM
Just soldering the .375 case into a section of copper pipe will give you something to hang onto. I have a complete set of drills and a junk lathe so I make mine up as needed, usually from aluminum rod or odd scrap. W drill would be the best bet and counter bore with a 7/16".

woody1
09-02-2005, 09:54 AM
I know of no source for Kake Kutters but I sometimes use a similar set-up to your 375 H&H case. I solder or epoxy a piece of tubing to the top. The tubing allows much better purchase for pushing thru and gets the boolits past any constriction for ease of removing them. Regards, Woody

KCSO
09-02-2005, 02:11 PM
I use a gizzie that I copied from an original in a box of brass that came from a 1930's era reloader. This is a ctg case with a press fit wooden T handle and the primer pocket drilled out to fit a plunger. The end of the plunger has a drilled ball bearing soldered on. You hold the gizzie in your hand and push down on the handle, the bullet is cut out by the case mouth and then you squeeze and the bullet drops out. I will try and post a picture. the whole unit is less tiring and quicker to use than the Kake Cutter.

I use to turn cake cutters, but gave it up after I got hands on my fiirst gizzie. I have since made these in 30 32 44 and 45. Anyone who wants if free to use tha patent as the guy who made it first is gone now.

Crowkiller
09-02-2005, 02:53 PM
Go to your local hobby shop. They usually have brass tubing in many sizes. I take a boolit down to the store and find the smallest it will fit through. I have sizes for .30, .357, .40, .430, .530. They work well, but not as fast as a lubesizer. (I don't have one yet, but it has to be faster).

Goatlips
09-05-2005, 12:38 AM
A great source for tapered tubing is a garage sale or thrift shop golf club shaft. Sharpen the smaller end of a three inch hunk. No need to push them back out, they take a one-way trip up into your palm. ;-)

Goatlips