PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info and advice

tayous1
02-10-2014, 11:11 AM
So I have been looking at all the ways of doing coating and I have a few questions. First off do rifle boolits need gas checks? I ask because I have one guy who is trying to sell me some and he says they don't need it and I saw a youtube video that the guy said they still need gas checks I'm wanting to know what one is true or is these one coating that does need it and others that do not?

Next value wise what way is the best coating pistol/rifle? I don't mind spending money and I'm not trying to be cheap but if a $20 product total cost for set up does as well as $100 product total cost for set up I want to go with value but not if it is not as reliable. Thanks

popper
02-10-2014, 05:49 PM
First, forget Utube, then, read the threads here.

jacobslagle018
02-10-2014, 07:06 PM
First off anything over a set FPS needs a gas check. I dont know the magic number but someone who does will be along soon. Most pistol bullets are ok, but I would think all rifle ones need checks.

As for a gun, got with harbor freight. Its like 65 for the gun and 5 bucks for a pound of powder. Yes it is cheap, but also very effective. No reason to pay higher if you dont have to.