PDA

View Full Version : CBE site upgraded

JeffinNZ
02-09-2014, 11:36 PM
David has tweaked the CBE site. Looks great.

www.castbulletengineering.com.au

Bullshop
02-09-2014, 11:54 PM
I like it! It is ever so much better than the last time I was there.
I have a couple of his molds and do like them very much.
I have the 55gn 22 cal Loverin type and it is a most excellent design especially if you want to run them very vast.
He made that one up for me in a three cavity but I see his site says single cavity.
I also have a 458/550 fngc but I did not see it at the site.

rollmyown
02-10-2014, 12:50 AM
Yup, looks much better

dromia
02-10-2014, 05:18 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/adamsutherland/Smilies%20FB/FB%20UK%20Smilies%202/sSig_goodjob.gif

Cast Bullet Engineering
02-10-2014, 05:48 AM
I like it! It is ever so much better than the last time I was there.
I have a couple of his molds and do like them very much.
I have the 55gn 22 cal Loverin type and it is a most excellent design especially if you want to run them very vast.
He made that one up for me in a three cavity but I see his site says single cavity.
I also have a 458/550 fngc but I did not see it at the site.

Bullshop, Thanks for your comments, I will make the 22 cal in double cavity, if you select double cavity in the drop down box, it will change the text in the catalogue to reflect the pricing etc.
Could do it special order in triple, but have had some issues with TC blocks and small projectiles and guys that haven't quite mastered casting with them properly.
I'll have to look into the 458-550FNGC, might have missed it!

Thanks,
David.

Bullshop
02-10-2014, 11:06 AM
Oh my you are quite welcome!
I am looking with interest at your 30 cal PP molds.
A question about the grooves on them. Are they full depth as in lube grooves or are they shallow to aid in holding the paper.
I have a few of similar design from NEI made for me many years ago when Walt Melander was still with us. His design has the very shallow grooves in addition to a very narrow full diameter (for caliber) shoulder for the forward edge of the patch to align with. This edge also helps hold the patch in place when seating a patched bullet into a sized case neck. Sometimes with smooth sided PP designs seating into a tight case neck the bullet is pushed through the patch so this feature gives the forward edge of the patch some extra hold when seating in tight case necks.
There seems to be a trade off with grooved versus non-grooved in that the grooves lower the BC at least we know that the deeper lube grooves do. I would like to know how much the shallow type grooves on PP designs affect BC.
It wont be a concern for most folks but I am becoming interested in long range shooting with cast bullets in the 300 bore as of late so do ponder such mysteries.

LIMPINGJ
02-10-2014, 01:45 PM
I like the new look, much easier to use.