PDA

View Full Version : Rossi Youth Combo Need Barrel

petroid
02-09-2014, 10:41 PM
Traded a buddy for a Rossi youth combo 22lr and 20ga. Will be great for my kids but I think it's lacking. I know they make different barrels and I think a 44 mag barrel would be a great addition. I have heard that Rossi doesn't sell individual barrels but I have seen them advertised on some websites. But I have a couple of questions. First, will any barrel for the single shot guns fit the youth model? Second are there youth length barrels? I would prefer a length of 18-20" but all I am seeing are 23". Also, if the barrel fits, is the receiver rated for higher pressure cartridges? I certainly don't want to damage the gun or worse, have someone get hurt. Finally, I heard mention of headspacing on another website, specifically, that the barrel has to be headspaced to the receiver at the factory. Does anyone know if this is true, or if it's the reason why Rossi doesn't sell individual barrels? I can see how headspacing could be a problem but surely my local gunsmith can check it if I get a barrel. Thanks