PDA

View Full Version : Castpics load data question

cswpsi
02-09-2014, 10:00 PM
Hi All,

New to the forum and I've only been reloading since Aug'13. 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP

I was looking at the Castpics load data web page and it hit me immediately that something just doesn't seem right. All the Mins., Maxs. and OAL are shown as whole numbers, no decimals. Since I am exclusively loading for semi-auto handguns, most of my loads will use weight spreads within a grain or two, meaning increments will start and go up by 10ths of a grain. I'm I missing something? Do I need to make a setting change somewhere to have the values listed in 10ths of a grain? Also, shouldn't OALs be listed out to the 1000ths?

Here's a pic.

Was hoping to fine the perfect source for all my LSWC loads.

Thanks for any & all help you can provide.

Randy C
02-09-2014, 10:06 PM
You can go to the powder companys web page and confirm the info on there data.

cswpsi
02-09-2014, 10:27 PM
Thanks Randy.

I do use several sources. Books and links to powder and bullet manufacturers. But I like the idea of a quick look up web link with various loads when others sources fail to deliver on my specific needs (usually a bullet wt/avail.powder combination). Not only that, but to be able to retrieve the data on a phone or tablet while away from the computer.

wiljen
02-09-2014, 11:02 PM
Good catch, looks like the database is right the php is rounding it to one digit.

C. Latch
02-09-2014, 11:06 PM
I've noticed the same thing and started only using it for a reference.

I *think* it rounds everything *down*, so that if the max load for something is 5.9 grains, it shows 5.

cswpsi
02-10-2014, 12:37 PM
wiljen,

Thanks in advance for any updates you make. Looks like a great, great resource.

cswpsi