PDA

View Full Version : Ammuntion Making an Insider's Story-George E. Frost in pdf form

possom813
02-09-2014, 08:39 PM
I found this online a while back online at a 'free' download site. It came with a couple bazillion freeware/malware/adware attachments that downloaded as well and took a while to get off the computer.

It's a pretty interesting read, just wish it was more readily available in a hard copy.

Is there any chance of legal ramifications if I were to upload the pdf for everyone to use?

rbertalotto
02-09-2014, 08:42 PM
You can post it, once it is on the internet it is free range as long as you are not using it for monetary gain. But be sure all that nasty malware is removed .......

possom813
02-09-2014, 08:48 PM
As far as I can tell, it's all gone from what I have now. I sent the pdf to a friend of mine that works for a computer cleaning company, the guys that can take over your computer remotely and fix all the issues, and he downloaded it and had a couple of issues that he fixed. When it came back to me, nothing came with it but the pdf.

seanhagerty
02-09-2014, 09:08 PM
so, where is it?

possom813
02-09-2014, 09:10 PM
I'm trying to attach it and can't get it to stick, computer keeps freezing up when I click on it to upload?

Pressman
02-10-2014, 07:42 AM
PDF's have a size limit on this board, a small size limit. The reason I don't use them here. It would make life easier if I could post instructions on the board.
Ken

farmerjim
02-10-2014, 08:57 AM
Download with a linux machine. Those nasty things don't attack most of them. This one goes to all those "bad" sites, and has never caught an ITD ( internet transmitted disease) in 5 years.It can, they are out there, but rare. More bang for the buck with a windows or Mac virus.

possom813
02-10-2014, 09:57 AM
I've tried several different ways to send it to folks and to upload it, and it's 65.5mb and I only have a 25mb limit on my email accounts(used to be 100, not sure why its less now)

If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

slwroln
02-10-2014, 03:28 PM
Open up a Dropbox account. Upload it to there, then post a link to here for your Dropbox account. I you put it in your public folder it will be the only folder people can access

pretzelxx
02-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Seems interesting. I would love to read this at work.

dbosman
02-10-2014, 04:43 PM
Since this book has a 1990 copyright date, it is not in the public domain.
If the NRA or Mr. Frost released the copyright, then one can post and repost.

r1kk1
02-11-2014, 11:43 AM
Download with a linux machine. Those nasty things don't attack most of them. This one goes to all those "bad" sites, and has never caught an ITD ( internet transmitted disease) in 5 years.It can, they are out there, but rare. More bang for the buck with a windows or Mac virus.

Very few mac viruses. If you run Linux then you know what Mac runs.