PDA

View Full Version : New reloading shop in Northern Nevada!!!

Love Life
02-09-2014, 08:22 PM
There is a shop called Bear Bullets on industrial drive in Gardnerville, NV. It is next to the Fish thrift store.

I cruised in there today and was quite impressed. It is solely a reloading shop. There is a good variety (and quantity) of jacketed rifle and pistol bullets. There is also a good variety and quantity of new and once fired brass. He had brass from 44-40 NIB to 30-06 to everything in between. Not only that but he has primers and powders in stock, casting pots, presses, and many other things you didn't know you needed until you saw them!!!

He had Retumbo in stock for $27.00 per pound and I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough!!

His prices were good considering the location and the crazy market.

I don't work for the shop or have a vested interest in it, but it is a good resource for all of us in the area. He also gives reloading classes for those looking to jump in.

Digger
02-09-2014, 08:29 PM
thanks for the info Love life .... will check it out this week.

Love Life
02-09-2014, 08:30 PM
They are open Thursday through Sunday.

country gent
02-09-2014, 08:31 PM
Will they be doing e-mail or mail order sales?

Digger
02-09-2014, 08:33 PM
been stopping by the good people at S&W feed in Carson City for some of the basics ...
Good to see we have some better availability as time goes on in our area.

Love Life
02-09-2014, 08:34 PM
Not that I know of, but I didn't ask. Here is their number: 775-392-3213

Love Life
02-09-2014, 08:39 PM
been stopping by the good people at S&W feed in Carson City for some of the basics ...
Good to see we have some better availability as time goes on in our area.

I was impressed with the shop. Nice, clean, and organized. Ya'll better be happy I only shoot 105-115 gr bullets from my .243...

He had 500 ct boxes of 168 and 175 gr SMK 30 caliber bullets. He also has a nice amount of 170 gr Core Loks for the 8mm.

He didn't mind shooting the breeze and even had a chair to sit in. It kind of met my mental picture of what I want a reloading or firearms related shop to be like. I'm making a wants list for the next time I go in as I was so overwhelmed by the cool stuff and amount he had in stock that I found myself unprepared.

Oh, and I goofed the street. It's on SERVICE DR.

Digger
02-09-2014, 09:12 PM
Nice to hear ... rarely go into local gun shops as most do not cater to us reloaders/handloaders , just the minimums in stock , and not to put locals down as there are some very cordial people we have in this area.
Never the less good to see and am appreciative.

Oh , and by the way there Love life , now I can put the blame on you ... been trying to control the spending lately ... now you went and did it ... another toy store... and close by no less. .....:roll:

dragonrider
02-09-2014, 10:19 PM
I am always on the lookout for a new shop, however living in New England are few and far between. Did find one last year but was a waste of time. Prices were outrages on everything. Seems like he opened the store to cash in on the rise in prices. He had a good amount of 22 LR for $8 per box of fifty, rounds out to $80.00 per brick. not for me.

starmac
02-10-2014, 12:22 AM
I hope he can stay a local shop, instead of turning to the net.

Bullwolf
02-10-2014, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the heads up Love Life!
- Bullwolf

Bad Water Bill
02-10-2014, 05:05 PM
Be sure to leave plenty of information about CAST BOOLITS.:bigsmyl2:

HeavyMetal
02-10-2014, 11:19 PM
Lovelife did ya see any 45-70 brass while you were in there?

Mom lives in Garderville and it would make her day If I asked her to stop in and pick something up for me.

She love's Cabella's and Sheels but the drive to Reno is a bit to much for her these day.

Love Life
02-10-2014, 11:23 PM
I don't recall seeing any, but then again I wasn't looking for it. Maybe Digger can fill you in if he goes this weekend. They are open Thursday you can give them a call. Be prepared to talk though!

9w1911
02-11-2014, 12:22 AM
no way that powder is still in stock in these parts!

Love Life
02-11-2014, 12:34 AM
What do you mean? I bought some.

Digger
02-13-2014, 10:30 PM
ooookaay ... How can I say how lucky we are to have a "reloading supply store" , not a gun store , sporting goods , etc. but a specific reloading store ...:awesome:
Thanks for the heads up Love life ..
He has just set up shop and has a good selection of brass to choose from , once fired or range pick up , cleaned , new , etc. , How many shops have you ever stepped into that has small barrels sitting angled in a rack with all the basic calibers in them with a hanging scale nearby ,like you see in market for fruit for weighing how much per scoop !
Also seems to have a good bullet selection at hand along with some Lee melting pots on the shelf.
Powder and primers he keeps track of off a dry erase board as to what he has at the moment , one can walk in , look at the board and see what is available ,...prices as said are reasonable .
and best of all ....... Santa Clause just moved in a couple miles down the road here .

How many places in the country have this close by ..... as Love life said earlier , he is setting up shop to teach reloading also as he is a "NRA certified reloading instructor" .

By the way there Heavy Metal .... I asked if he had any 45-70 and he said "a little ".
He mentioned a cowboy shooter came in and bought a good amount of what he had.
And yes he loves to chat and looks forward to spreading the word with everyone that he is open for business .
Could not leave without a pound of 4064 in hand .... had to control myself in the "toy store"

HeavyMetal
02-14-2014, 01:02 AM
I'll have to call Mom in the morning and ask her to run an errand for me, LOL!

9w1911
02-14-2014, 03:18 AM
because up here near Reno powder is sparse

Digger
02-14-2014, 08:38 AM
For anyone outside the area , would recommend giving him a call as to what he has on the shelf , .. while I was there , he received an inquiry and he would walk around to his "status" board and see what he had or not ...
He mentioned about hoping to get enough notoriety that even someone coming to the Lake Tahoe area on a holiday would make a quick little side trip down to the shop to stop by ...
Among other items , dies , rcbs equipment including a rockchucker sitting on the shelf ....
Mentioned wanting to get a few different machines set up in his "classroom" so a person will be able to use them on site and see all the different functions each has so they will be able to have "hands on" and make their own decision on which they prefer ....
If he gets to that point ...think he should change his business name to "Reloader's Paradise" ...
Will repeat here the info ..

Bear Bullets
1231 Service Dr. unit A2
Gardnerville , Nv , 89410
775-392-3213 office
775-267-7922 cell

GaryN
02-16-2014, 10:58 PM
Now that is my kind of store. I get through there every once in a while. I will make it a point to stop in.

mwest
02-22-2014, 11:20 PM
Checked out the new store today, very nice, good prices, said he is trying to keep with-in a buck or 2 of Midway. Picked up Win large pistol primers for 30.00 for a 1000. Going to make a list for next week when I go through again. Never seen a store set up for just reloaders, loved it.