PDA

View Full Version : Wifes observations

DCP
02-09-2014, 01:10 PM
So the wife and I are watching the Olympics Figure Skating to be exact.
She says most or a lot of the (men)look really feminine.
I told her my guess is there out of the closet.
They were probably there all along all these years but had more class in the by gone days.

TXGunNut
02-09-2014, 01:12 PM
Maybe it's the makeup.

w5pv
02-09-2014, 01:21 PM
I saw this movie clip the other day and it showed the benifits of being a male dancer and after practice he went and drinked beer with the big boys.

BruceB
02-09-2014, 01:22 PM
She made a very astute observation.

In recent years, as it's become more :fashionable" to be homosexual, more and more of the supposedly "male" skaters have come out of the closet.

I recall a commentator, many years ago, saying that we were about to see a "more-masculine" performance as Kurt Browning prepared to take the ice following one of the delicate lads. There's VERY little doubt about Kurt's orientation.... or his abilities.

geargnasher
02-09-2014, 01:44 PM
It is difficult, but I'm actually going to close my laptop and walk away from this before I break my foot off in my own mouth, or someone else's.

Gear

btroj
02-09-2014, 01:46 PM
My wife was a figure skater for years. I tend to be very cautious about comments regarding it. I like marital harmony.

BNE
02-09-2014, 02:01 PM
My wife was a figure skater for years. I tend to be very cautious about comments regarding it. I like marital harmony.

BUT, Did she marry one? I kind of think not.....

btroj
02-09-2014, 02:07 PM
Oh gawd no. She is willing to call the gay ones gay in a heartbeat. I just comment on the merits of it as a "sport".

starmac
02-09-2014, 03:29 PM
Funny what women notice, my wife commented that all the women were flat chested. lol It probably is a balance thing.
I watched part of the snow boarding, those guys looked like stoners. lol

btroj
02-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Big boobs are a detriment in skating. More weight to move around and lift off the ice not mention having them moving around when slating, etc. Most female figure skaters are built like do female gymnasts.

LUBEDUDE
02-09-2014, 04:08 PM
Well think about it physiologically. What are boobs composed of? Fat! Figure skaters don't have much fat in their bodies.

GOPHER SLAYER
02-09-2014, 04:31 PM
Ever see the movie, THE CUTTING EDGE ? Maria Kelly told J.B Sweeny, her skating partner, you'll get used to it.

smokeywolf
02-09-2014, 04:35 PM
I saw this movie clip the other day and it showed the benifits of being a male dancer and after practice he went and drinked beer with the big boys.

There! Fixed!

smokeywolf

blademasterii
02-09-2014, 07:05 PM
I just find it amusing that two of the 3 amigos posted one after the other. :D

HarryT
02-09-2014, 08:18 PM
Katarina Witt is built like a Playboy model.

I heard a story about a teenage boy that took every dance class he could. When the other boys accused him of being gay, he pointed out that he never lack pretty girls to date.

GOPHER SLAYER
02-09-2014, 09:11 PM
In school Gene Kelly was asked by his male friends why in the world he would take a dance class. He said, "I'm the only boy with all those girls".

10x
02-09-2014, 09:43 PM

I heard a story about a teenage boy that took every dance class he could. When the other boys accused him of being gay, he pointed out that he never lack pretty girls to date.

Point, game, set, and match.
In the early 1970s my wife decided we needed to learn ballroom dancing, waltz, tango, etc. There were over 40 lovely ladies and six men. I got to dance with a number of pretty ladies.
My wife was not amused.

leeggen
02-09-2014, 10:06 PM
I'm with Gear on this thread. See ya later!
CD

Rick N Bama
02-09-2014, 10:15 PM

My Nephew was a College Cheerleader for a couple years.....he said the same thing.

waksupi
02-10-2014, 12:52 AM
Sounds like me in high school gymnastics. All the hot girls in school were on the team, and there I was, sniffin' around!

Ramar
02-10-2014, 07:34 AM
I taught and coached gymnastics at the college level and the guys on the gym team always had the best girls which just happened to be on the girls team. Although my experience was way back when, I believe the closets might have been filled more than I thought...
Ramar

Baja_Traveler
02-10-2014, 11:58 AM

I still have my issue of Playboy featuring Katarina Witt topless under my load bench! Wife got it for me way back when all I wanted to see was her ice skating and nobody else - what was that, 10 years ago? The wife knows I appreciate curves...

contender1
02-10-2014, 12:41 PM
Quite often, it's obvious that certain men (and women) in sports are a bit "different." We try to overlook this as we do not know for sure unless they publically state the obvious.
That said, let me relate my own personal experiences.
My Dad was a professional dancer & even had a "Charm & Dance" school prior to WWII. He even beat out Fred Astaire once in a big dance contest in Pittsburg. After WWII he came to NC & bought property, then built a two story building. Downstairs was a restaurant, and upstairs was a nightclub. It was called "The El Tango."
I learned to dance at a young age, and due to alcohol being allowed in our club, I couldn't go there regularly. But, less than 1/2 mile up the road was another dance hall. It was country & focused on mountain square dancing & clogging. Plus, during the summers here, we used to have outdoor Monday night "street dances" that were run by the same bunch from the square dance hall. The square dance hall was called; "Riverside Pavillion." I kinda grew up in Riverside & at the street dances.
I can easily recall the ratio of 7 ladies per guy in the place. And as a dancer I was ALWAYS able to find a partner. By the time I was 15, I was "lead dancer" on the floor during the set squares. In a square dance, the caller needs a guy on the floor leading the dance.
I became a grand champion clogger too.
My senior year in HS, I was convinced to participate in a "talent show" at school, (due to my clogging competition wins.) I agreed to do it, as long as I was allowed to bring my dance partner (girlfriend) with me. She attended a different school. There is a picture of us performing in my senior HS annual. Afterwards, if I had one, I had over 200 girls want me to teach them to dance. I used to chuckle at the "boys" on Mondays at school. Most would talk about whatever party they went to over the weekend, and how wasted they got. When they'd ask me what I did over the weekend, I'd just say I went square dancing. I got a lot of laughs. Until the talent show. After that,,, nobody laughed.
Dancing was my best kept, OPEN secret growing up. I met a LOT of girls that way. Heck, girls would come up to me & ask me to dance. Ever had a girl so happy to be with you she would shake from nerves? I have. I remember Susanne, a local girl, kinda shy & timid, but she would always ask for a dance. She would tremor when we'd dance. (Always a slow dance.) After a few times of this, I asked her why she was nervous. She replied I was so good & she felt it was an honor to dance with me. Well, we are still friends, and she's no longer nervous around me.
Call me a dog, call me a hound, or whatever, I had FUN!
I still see a lot of the local girls I knew from those days. I still get along with them too.
My son has thanked me a lot of times for teaching him how to dance. I met my wife at a dance.
But in all the years of dancing, just like in skating & other sports where you are working very close to another person, you have to have things feel "just right" for it to truly be good to watch. I had a dance partner who could follow any move I threw at her. She was a former Miss Teen in her home state. We are still excellent friends, and we talk often. She is happily married too. We are all friends.
But, I do recall the old days. The movie "Dirty Dancing" was filmed here. Or at least a lot of it. It was premiered here locally. I went the second night as the first night was packed with the local dancers & their families. We didn't audition as we didn't know much about the movie before hand. Locally we were told it's a movie about; "A doctor, his family, during the Kennedy era & some dancing."
Little did we know.
I took my current girlfriend to see the movie & couldn't wait to call my dance partner to tell her how bad we screwed up by not auditioning.
After it hit big, this area became a big draw due to the movie. And of course, folks came to Riverside. Well, my dance partner & I would "dirty dance" just because. Tore up a lot of guys who'd watch us. But the best were the little old ladies who'd come up to us & tell us how good we were in the movie. We'd politely explain how we were NOT in the movie. Usually they'd reply that we should have been. I can still recall the feeling when we'd get a certain move down just right,,,,,,,, her left leg wrapped around my back, just above my butt. My hand under the small of her back, dipping her down & over backward, sweeping her from my left to right, her hair sweeping the floor. Then snapping her back up, her foot going back to the floor & me spinning her, all while I dropped down under her arm & around her body!
Ahh memories!
So, to those of y'all who scoff at dancers, cheerleaders, etc who are male,,, remember, all of us are not gay,, but rather, wolves in sheep clothing.

frkelly74
02-10-2014, 02:46 PM
So she was topless under your loading bench?

GOPHER SLAYER
02-10-2014, 03:21 PM
What would boyd boitono do!

BruceB
02-10-2014, 05:35 PM
..... Do you mean "Brian Boitano"???

(He's fairly-recently out of the closet , too, for those who don't know.)

Superb skater, though.

popper
02-11-2014, 05:23 PM
Actually I'd like to see a bunch of pot-bellied old guys in the speed skating event. Almost as good as the 'prepper' and 'Idol' shows.

bbs70
02-12-2014, 11:40 AM
Now that one I would watch. :drinks:

AS long as they didn't wear speedos.

w5pv
02-12-2014, 12:35 PM
The point I was trying to make wolves in sheeps clothing.

Thin Man
02-12-2014, 04:03 PM
My wife has always been too polite to mention anything about anyone else's weight, physique, build, etc., save one exception. We were watching an ice skating routine several years ago, probably an earlier Winter Olympics. The male & female pair had just started their routine and within a few turns on the ice it became obvious that the female was extremely well endowed. As another said earlier, most of the female skaters are rather flat chested. This girl was the polar opposite of that standard. My wife spoke up and stated, "Gawd, she's HEAVY!" Right spot on, and in one location only. I wanted to be polite and agree with her, but better judgement convinced me to keep quiet.

Thin Man