PDA

View Full Version : My dilemma ...

Three-Fifty-Seven
02-08-2014, 02:07 PM
though ...

Bullshop
02-08-2014, 02:09 PM
Group showing and sell to the highest bidder.

Sweetpea
02-08-2014, 02:38 PM
If you do a group showing, tell them first.

I've had it happen to me, and it seemed rather classless without prior knowledge.

Bullshop
02-08-2014, 02:45 PM
I agree. forewarning of a group showing and that you will accept the best offer will also likely have the effect of eliminating some of the viewers.

starmac
02-08-2014, 02:48 PM
I would show it to whoever is available to look at it on the day you are available, starting with #1 if he is a serious buyer. If I got their not knowing I was going to a group showing, personally I would just leave and chalk it up to wasted time.

WILCO
02-08-2014, 03:17 PM
My dilemma ......

Sorry, but I'm confused as to what's for sale?

Maybe have a second party sell it for you, whatever it is......

starnbar
02-08-2014, 03:36 PM
Go with the group show just tell them other people may show up too. So if others are a no show you haven't lost anything sold my bass boat and that Saturday morning I had 3 guys in my front yard at 7 am. It went fast and got almost the price I wanted within 200 dollars.

lylejb
02-08-2014, 03:49 PM
whatever you do, don't make it a race, and make sure everyone knows the plan.

I once went to buy a car off of craigslist, and it was about a 25 mile drive to get there, thru big city traffic. When I arrived, the seller said "sorry, some guy bought it 5 min ago"

I would be HOT if I drove 100+ miles and nothing was there.

make sure everybody knows what the plan is, where / when, ect. That may weed out the lowball / tirekicker types anyway.

Three-Fifty-Seven
02-08-2014, 03:57 PM

BNE
02-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Seems some people skip reading ... Some just have trouble with comprehension ;)

Here is a short video shows how bad that is ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6NLBFDOPiM

Here is from my original post ... Considering my username ... For those that don't know Mercedes Benz is quite commonly abbreviated "MB"

Not a comprehension problem, its just that Mercedes Benz was not he first thing that came to mind when you just said "MB" on a boolit / shooting site.

Three-Fifty-Seven
02-08-2014, 04:28 PM
ion ...

oneokie
02-08-2014, 04:53 PM
A boat? Here in OK, boat sales have to go the the MVD for title change, and a tag sticker if the one on the boat is not current.

MB=motor boat.

Three-Fifty-Seven
02-08-2014, 05:37 PM
Sorry I wasn't more clear.

JonB_in_Glencoe
02-08-2014, 06:12 PM
Years ago (1990), I drove 40 miles to look at (and maybe Buy) a 1971 Moto Guzzi 750 Ambassador advertised for $1200 ...Just like this one http://bringatrailer.com/2011/11/19/ex-lapd-1970-moto-guzzi-ambassador/ I had no real experience with Guzzi's before, and they are Rare around these parts and had no idea what it was worth...no internet you know.
ANYWAY, When I arrived, there was another guy there waiting for me to decline, so he could buy it. At least the Seller put me first in line, But I had no idea it was going to be a group thing, I was kinda pissed till the other guy wanting to buy it, offered me a "C" note to walk away. Well that's all I needed to know to buy the Bike, so I did. It was a great bike,I had 5 years of fun with it, til I let a friend drive it, I told him to keep the RPM's down, he didn't listen and blew out a head gasket. I sold it as is a few weeks later.

Bad Water Bill
02-08-2014, 07:29 PM
My X neighbor Jim(V P of CN railway)and the CN crew were always referring to their big Harleys as M B s

Motor Bikes with a :)

After 15-20 in the driveway all the time who would ever think that a LOWLY M Benz would be allowed to share the same abbreviation.:kidding:

shooter93
02-08-2014, 07:38 PM
Me...I always go by the first call or contact. I'll schedule all three 30 minutes or so apart depending and let the first two know when they arrive that others are interested and coming soon. Just seems fair to everyone to me. If the first guy buys it...I call the others.

Three-Fifty-Seven
02-08-2014, 07:54 PM
nces ...

HeavyMetal
02-08-2014, 08:58 PM
I'm in sales, not cars thou, and group meetings, when your trying to buy or sell, never go well.

So I would contact all interested parties and tell them the meeting location and set up times half hour apart I would be very adament about them showing up and letting them know it would be a closed bid deal.

Each party gets to view the car and each provides a number they wish to pay for the car, provide them with your expected price, in a sealed envelope, provide pen paper and envelopes, advise them that within a half hour of the final "viewing" you will open the "bids" and contact the winner. Number each envelope 1 to what ever so that should two bids be the same price the First bidder recieves the car, kind of an I'll take in or swap and sell section.

This will eliminate bogus callers as they will have something else to do, it will eliminate the low ballers because they won't get anywhere waving less in cash under your nose and you will get the price your asking for the car or, and this is important, no one will attend and you won't hav wasted your day.

First thing you learn in sales is qualifiy your customer then do the deal!

WILCO
02-08-2014, 09:48 PM
Not a comprehension problem, its just that Mercedes Benz was not the first thing that came to mind when you just said "MB" on a boolit / shooting site.

Yep. Thought he meant "MG" but just figured it was something else.

xs11jack
02-08-2014, 10:05 PM
Not on topic, but who do you drive for? , Swift?
Ole Jack

Three-Fifty-Seven
02-08-2014, 10:49 PM
Not on topic, but who do you drive for? , Swift?
Ole Jack

No ...

OBIII
02-08-2014, 10:58 PM
Personally, I would schedule all of them on the same day, 30 minutes apart. Inform them up front that they will be bidding against "X" number of buyers. High bid gets the car. But run the concept by them first.

OB