PDA

View Full Version : Glock 42

FergusonTO35
02-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Been looking at the new Glock 42, AKA the Great Disappointment to those who have been itching for a thin single stack 9x19 Glock. I never was a big .380 or Glock fan but this one looks like the perfect mating of cartridge and gun to me. Big enough to shoot with comfort and accuracy, small enough to carry. One fellow I know has already put 500 rounds through his and loves it. I'm thinking that the 42 might even do well with boolits due to the lower pressure round and Lee just came out with a 95 grain mold that is more than a little inspired by Ranch Dog's designs. Anyone else interested in this gun? Anyone bought one yet?

cattleskinner
02-08-2014, 01:40 AM
I bought one shortly after they were released, and am in the process of doing what you are talking with the ranchdog bullet. I am just waiting for a break in the cold to go out and load some up. I slugged my barrel and got .356x.348 for dimensions. I made some dummy rounds using a .357 and .358 diameter bullets which both chambered, albeit the larger diameter didn't go the entire way to the bottom of the chamber by just dropping it in, but the slide power closes the slide totally. I am planning on using my usual 3.7 gr Unique load, and will check back in with the results. Oh, and it shoots great without any excessive recoil like the micro 380's can occasionally generate.

FergusonTO35
02-08-2014, 10:06 AM
Sounds good, do keep me posted. I will be especially interested to see how it does with the new 95 grain boolit.

Love Life
02-08-2014, 01:09 PM
Thank you for the information on this pistol. I too would have liked to have seen a 9mm, but the 380 is pretty neat.

Jailer
02-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Another disappointed Glock fan here. I too was hoping they would release it in a single stack 9mm. I'd buy one in a minute if they did.

Make sure you guys shooting boolits report back on your success or failure with it. Might be a good option for jr or the Warden as they are both recoil sensitive.

Love Life
02-08-2014, 02:31 PM
I bought a Glock 36 instead.

FergusonTO35
02-08-2014, 06:48 PM
They came out with the 36 awhile back, I would think that doing the same in 9mm would be easier and sell alot better than designing a new .380 from scratch. Still, my Kahr CW9 has me covered pretty well for a 9mm carry gun so it's no big deal to me. I've always resisted getting a .380 since my .32 Autos are so much fun but the Glock 42 will likely push me over the edge!