PDA

View Full Version : incomplete coat - still no leading.

smokesahoy
02-06-2014, 10:58 AM
I have a tray that spaces bullets about half an inch apart, 100 to a tray. I have perfect coverage over the entire base that extends up to the lube groove and then it gets light, with streaks of good coverage from where the gun was able to hit it better. Even so, I just shot a string of 10 off and zero leading. That's amazing. it's mainly the rear base that needs coverage huh? complete tmj style coating not necessary?

HATCH
02-06-2014, 11:27 AM
you really need to only do the bands above and below the typical lube groove.

smokesahoy
02-06-2014, 11:32 AM
yeah that is what my testing is showing me. they don't look so good. i just came inside from trying out the same bullets in a different gun, with standard glock barrel. i'm hooked. i'd rather have ugly bullets and fit more on that tray i think. both barrels had some dusting from burnt powder, the glock bristle bore brush cleaned em right out.

the wilson was the one i was doing all my lube testing in and that got some good leading with bad lubes needing chore boy time. i thought i had it clean before, now its clean after running these hehe.

to all that came before and did the footwork and research on the es gun and the pc, thank you.