PDA

View Full Version : What I did on my snow day

Patrick L
02-05-2014, 06:17 PM
Got about a foot of snow last night. Upside is I finished lubsizing my HM2 155s that I have cast up for Highpower this year, then got started sorting the half 5 gallon pail of wheelweights I scored for free yesterday. The down side is I won't shoot the Wednesday night skeet league tonight. I'm just getting over a nasty cold, so I don't need to stand outside yelling "PULL!" Think I'll stay home and warm, continue sorting and maybe clean a gun or two.

Yes, the teachers like snow days too!

skykingjohn
02-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Just talked to my Mom she said they got 18 inches in redwood . I love living where it only snows infrequently and i can drive through what is there

milrifle
02-05-2014, 08:03 PM
I hate to admit this, but I got a snow day last week due to a threat of 1" that never materialized. While I spent most of the day indoors, I did step out long enough to throw 20 rounds of factory 7.62 x 54R downrange just to free up the brass for loading cast.

bayjoe
02-05-2014, 08:06 PM
My snow day was spent sitting on the highway waiting for the highway department to clear an avalanche. By the time they cleared one lane I decided to turn around and go home.
It's all good though, it's 4 below zero and I'm feeding the fire, on the forum and waiting for the beans and corn bread to get done cooking.

flashhole
02-05-2014, 08:08 PM
Here in the Southern Tier of Upstate NY we got a solid 16" of snow. I have to plow about 1/2 mile. Took me all day with my JD and a 7' blade. No time for reloading stuff today and I still have a stiff neck from pushing snow in reverse.

EMC45
02-05-2014, 08:10 PM
I hate to admit this, but I got a snow day last week due to a threat of 1" that never materialized. While I spent most of the day indoors, I did step out long enough to throw 20 rounds of factory 7.62 x 54R downrange just to free up the brass for loading cast.

I got 2.5 snow days here in Mid Ga. Kinda silly when all we got was about 1.5 inches of snow.