PDA

View Full Version : First 22 Ammo I have seen at Walmart

Art in Colorado
02-04-2014, 09:24 PM
Was in Casper Wyoming last week. Went to Walmart around 8 AM on Tuesday and they had Winchester Super X in the 333 round boxes for $17 and change. Only 3 boxes per customer.
I did not need it but I bought the 3 anyway. Have friends I can gift to. Asked how oftem it was comming in and was told weekly and some times several days in a row.

Good news.

Art

John Allen
02-04-2014, 09:48 PM
i got three the other day too from walmart. they said it was the first they have had in two months.

WilliamDahl
02-04-2014, 09:52 PM
A friend of mine was at a local gun store today and he said that they had a 525 round brick for $24. Still more than I'm willing to spend to shoot a .22 though. I think he bought a couple of bricks though since he doesn't reload and that is cheaper than he could buy any other ammo for.

aspangler
02-04-2014, 10:10 PM
I picked up 2 of the 333 round boxes at Walmart yesterday and was told they get it in several times a week. They had 2 cases of the Winchester, 2 of CCI Minimag HP and two of the Minimag solid. Alsdo 2 cases of Stingers. Things are starting to look up around here.

mac60
02-04-2014, 11:30 PM
No joy in this area. There are several walmarts within a 30 min. drive. I haven't seen so much as a 50 rd. box of .22 rimfire ammo for sale at any of them for many months. Go to church with a guy that works in the sporting goods area at the store closest to the house. Says same group of guys there every time. It's all sold in short order.

Westwindmike
02-05-2014, 01:01 AM
The Walmart here gets in 22 ammo several times a week. The same people line up 3 hours ahead of time and buy it all every time! Then they resell it online.

Tackleberry41
02-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Happened in there Monday to get a few things, and they had 50rd boxes of Remington Subsonic on the shelf, more than a few people waiting to buy their quota. It wasnt the usual day so still had some in the middle of the afternoon.

I was told Wed or Thurs is when ammo comes in. I know be there early if you want any. Been in a couple times before and everything was already sold. Today they had 1 case of the Winchester 333 round packs. I bought my quota of 3 for $17 ea.

I think the ammo reselling thing has sort of run its course. Yea there was a time when a brick of 22lr would sell in a moment for $70 or more. But last gunshow I saw lots of over priced 22lr for sale, but nobody was buying. It was priced double the usual price of $24/500, but off the triple price highs. Still no takers.

Talked to the guy at the LGS, he went to some sort of dealers thing recently, and was told the 22lr situation is not going to get better any time soon. Theres such a huge backlog of orders it will take a long time to clear it. He was told you need your name on the back order list to have any hope of getting any.

Makes you wonder if maybe some sort of reset is needed, just cancel all back orders and start over. Maybe clear out the log jam.

WilliamDahl
02-05-2014, 11:29 PM
I was at Wal-Mart earlier this evening. I saw a sticker for 525 rounds of .22LR for $21.72, IIRC. Of course, they didn't actually *have* any, but at least they reserved a spot on their shelf for when they do. :) I'm not desperate enough to pay that much for .22LR though.

Lee
02-05-2014, 11:44 PM
Same here in NE Ohio. Show up early, buy the limit. I chanced upon it a while back, and watched the hoarders chowing down.
Comes the day when this implodes, please remember to stick the hoarders up their A**.
And if it ever really hits the fan, I'd like to see how the hoarders stand up to a .38Spl or .40S+W or 45ACP when it gets ugly.
I think we are dealing with Demoyuppies who don't know their A** from a hole in the ground, and can't afford or know any better............................................

junkpile
02-07-2014, 08:09 PM
All you southern folk are extremely lucky. I'm still yet to see anything up here inn 22rf. Been a couple years now.

starmac
02-08-2014, 03:07 AM
It comes in here in fairbanks, but goes right back out just as fast. I happened to be in sportsmans tuesday, and they said some was coming in after lunch, but I didn't go back to see what they got in. I don't bother checking wallmart anymore, as their prices are higher when it does come in.

wlc
02-08-2014, 03:53 AM
I was in our local WM earlier in the week picking up a script at the pharmacy. I wandered back to the gun counter and was talking to the man that is usually there. He said that our WM hasn't had any 22 come in in over a month. Our WM has to go through a (the only AFAIK) local distributor instead of direct buying from the mfg. like they do in the lower 48. Their other ammo was pretty sparce as well.

Tackleberry41
02-10-2014, 05:01 PM
Saw a sign today in Wal mart saying they will be stocking ammo at random times and days now, so the same people cant camp out and get it all like they used to.

mold maker
02-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Until folks quit paying the ridiculous prices nothing will change. As long as folks keep stocking up "just in case", nothing will change.
Hows that for Os Hope and Change?

owejia
02-11-2014, 01:23 PM
In the local Rural King yesterday, after having taxes done, to pick up a bag of salt to melt icy walk with and checked ammo shelf. Didn't see any 22, a lot of 223,45,5.56, 9mm etc. Actually had some 17 hmr for 12.99 box, think I was paying that much over 2 years ago. Limit of 6.

snaketail
02-11-2014, 04:18 PM
I got the Gander Mountain flyer on Saturday - they had several different brands on sale...'course that were "sold out" when I tried to buy, but at least they are advertising it.
M

41MagGuy
02-12-2014, 10:23 AM
At the Walmart that I go to they don`t even have a spot on the shelves listed for .22 anymore.

FLHTC
02-12-2014, 12:30 PM
I can get 22lr ammo locally, any day of the week if I want to pay the price but I won't be shopping for it again in my lifetime. I've stopped plinking at paper with it and will be using it for small game exclusively.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
02-12-2014, 03:50 PM
I got lucky Friday 2/7 i had the day off work and was running some errands near gander I stopped in and they had 100 packs of cci mini mags , 7.99 i was out the door for 8.43 then I was at wallys later that evening for another errand figured well i will check , and they had 225 packs of rem golden bullets limit 3 boxes

Saturday i sold some of it at cost to a friend who has been looking for some time now.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
02-12-2014, 03:51 PM
At the Walmart that I go to they don`t even have a spot on the shelves listed for .22 anymore.

at the store i went to they moved it under the counter with the pistol ammo you have to ask now.

376Steyr
02-13-2014, 01:23 PM
By my very rough math, if everyone in the USA would buy 100 rounds per YEAR for each .22 they own, that equals the total annual production of .22 ammo. It doesn't take too many people buying 1000 rounds per week to start disrupting things.

FLHTC
02-13-2014, 07:04 PM
I stocked up after the Clinton administration tried their attempt at a strangle hold on ammunition. Wont have to buy it again. Thanks to Slick Willy, I knew what to expect this go-round.

jeo22
02-17-2014, 12:30 PM
I was at Wal-Mart earlier this evening. I saw a sticker for 525 rounds of .22LR for $21.72, IIRC. Of course, they didn't actually *have* any, but at least they reserved a spot on their shelf for when they do. :) I'm not desperate enough to pay that much for .22LR though.

21.72 = not much higher than my local WM had them for before this last rue ha-ha . I seen some of the same 550 boxes at 47.00 in a local gun shop, to me that's to much price gouging.

colt1960
02-18-2014, 01:10 AM
I was at a local pawn shop-gun shop today and I saw the first 22lr ammo in months. cci-sv in 100rd clear boxes. 22.75 a box. I laughed and walked on. I to stocked up when slick willie was the boss at 8.99 a brick. I bought 2000 rds of wolf and sk about 6 mo ago at 100.00 a thousand. Now I dont feel so bad paying 5.00 a box for target ammo. I dont shoot much at paper so what Ive got should carry me the rest of my life. Rick!!

WilliamDahl
02-19-2014, 10:17 AM
21.72 = not much higher than my local WM had them for before this last rue ha-ha . I seen some of the same 550 boxes at 47.00 in a local gun shop, to me that's to much price gouging.

Last time I bought, they were around $7-8 per 500-round brick. Wal-Mart and K-Mart frequently had sales on bricks to try to get people to buy them and their was tons of it on the shelves. I just don't need to shoot my .22 firearms so bad that I'm willing to pay nearly $22 per brick, much less what some of these scalper are trying to charge.

I just wish that I had bought a couple hundred bricks back when they were at $7-8 per brick.

Shiloh
02-20-2014, 10:57 AM
QUOTE=Art in Colorado;2615012]Was in Casper Wyoming last week. Went to Walmart around 8 AM on Tuesday and they had Winchester Super X in the 333 round boxes for $17 and change. Only 3 boxes per customer.
I did not need it but I bought the 3 anyway. Have friends I can gift to. Asked how oftem it was comming in and was told weekly and some times several days in a row.

Good news.

Art[/QUOTE]

And they will no doubt apprciate it. Can I be your friend too?? :bigsmyl2:[

Shiloh

ravelode
02-22-2014, 12:55 PM
Local Wal-mart had 550 bulk Fed 36 gr for $23.97 this morning got one, figured I'd leave some for the next guy. Decided I better get two more for a friend who puts on appleseed matches(they canceled the last one because no one could get .22 to participate) and they sold out in the time I got back from the other side of the store, snooze you lose:???:

jaystuw
03-02-2014, 04:44 AM
Still no 22 ammo what so ever at my local walmart here in southern cal. as of this afternoon. however, all other calibers are starting to come in. I see more every several days. Jay

corvette8n
03-05-2014, 02:15 PM
And thanks to the Governor we can't mail order it to our house, have not been able to buy rimfire in over a year. All of the WM's within driving distance have big signs up saying "No 22's". I asked my LGS what is the chance of getting rimfire and he laughed.

yoter
03-17-2014, 03:13 AM
Been looking for 22 LR since last December. Lucked out twice recently finding 100 ct CCI Mini Mags at Walmart and stocked up.

ravelode
04-06-2014, 01:58 PM
Was at the local wallyworld today and saw a line in sporting goods They had one case of Federal 550 boxes for 23.97 and only one to a customer. I managed to get the next to the last one. Clerk said they get them regularly, but only sell them @ 7:00 am on RANDOM mornings.

Murphy
04-06-2014, 02:31 PM
I'm not 'plinking' with my .22's these days, not at those prices. But it seems to be the new 'normal' for .22's. I stocked up (or thought I did) back when the Federal bulk in 550 round brick was plentiful at WM for $8.88 a brick. I have enough to last me for my intent and purpose for my .22's for as long as I use them for hunting and the occasional 50-100 rds of staying in practice.

I see a big boon in .22 rifles & handguns *FOR SALE* on the horizon. One of the LGS's I visit told me a couple of months back it had been 6 months since he'd sold a .22 anything. Hummm, I'm betting he and other shops who buy used guns won't be paying much for them when they do buy one. Can't say as I blame them either. What good is a Cadillac if gas is $14.00 a gallon and gas is hard to find?

Murphy

rondog
04-06-2014, 02:35 PM
I hardly even bother to look anymore. But I'm still sitting on a good supply. If I stumble across some I'd buy it though.

The damned scalpers just infuriate me. Hoarding it for your own use is one thing, but deliberately beating out everyone else just for profit is wrong, IMO. Buying wholesale and selling retal is capitalism, but buying retail and tripling the price is just screwing innocent people.

DLCTEX
04-06-2014, 05:47 PM
The only 22 ammo I've found in Wally world was a box of 22 shot loads. I left them for some on else.