PDA

View Full Version : Boyt gun case.

W.R.Buchanan
02-04-2014, 09:05 PM
I bought a Boyt Gun Case at the SHOT Show, and I think I got some kind of a show discount. It was $52 and $12.99 shipping.

The thing got here a few days ago and when I took it out of the box I was immediately impressed. The exterior of the case is OD green heavy canvas and all the stitching is perfectly executed. Is has some small amount of leather trim. The inside padding is flannel and nicely quilted, and there is a pocket on the outside for whatever you want to put into it.

In short this is the nicest soft gun case I have ever bought. I paid $45 for a similar Kolpin brand case 40 years ago and it is not as nice as this one.

I got this case mainly to transport guns from the safe to the range and back, and it is not specific to any particular gun, however all of my guns will look good coming out of it.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked at a sticker on the tag that came on the case. Made in China!

If this is the quality they are capable of we are in big trouble.

here's some pics of the case.

Randy

MTtimberline
02-04-2014, 10:32 PM
I have one that was given as a gift with my initials embroidered. I love it and think it would be hard to make the quality. I should check to see if there is a country of origin tag showing where it was made since I have had it for about 15 years.

TXGunNut
02-04-2014, 11:26 PM
I have a few Boyt handgun cases, very nice.