PDA

View Full Version : Original Armalite AR7

357maximum
02-03-2014, 11:57 PM
I have an original Armalite AR7 takedown carbine/rifle with the grey/brown/black swirly plastic camouflage stock. It functions and runs flawlessly with cheap win wildcats and hits close to where I aim at 25-30 yards.....I do not use it much except to take it out an shoot it rarely for nostalgia sake. Anyway thinking about sending it down the road and was wondering what I should ask for it.... I see several on Gb for 250-300 and they are not selling so I am assuming about $200 is the ballpark...am I close in my thinking? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hardcast416taylor
02-04-2014, 12:04 AM
About a month back I gave an original AR-7 .22 survival rifle to an old Marine friend of mine simply because he said it looked like something he would like to play with.Robert

cwheel
02-04-2014, 12:36 AM
I think you hit the price range very close. A brand new Henry version of this on sale locally for $200 in the box. Some argue that the new ones are slightly better made than the original version, because I have the new and not the old, I don't know that to be a fact. If you have early production, might be some collectors value there as well.
Chris

Westwindmike
02-04-2014, 12:47 AM
I always wanted one of those with a "real" stock on it. The plastic one always seemed too fat for me.

357maximum
02-05-2014, 10:02 PM
About a month back I gave an original AR-7 .22 survival rifle to an old Marine friend of mine simply because he said it looked like something he would like to play with.Robert

Maybe you are just a nice guy than me there Robert :mrgreen:

Thanks for the help fellas,
Mike

Hardcast416taylor
02-06-2014, 12:17 AM
The Marine I gave the rifle is the same that I gave 1325 rnds of .22 ammo for a X-Mas gift cause he needed some ammo. He just had his left leg amputated at the knee due to bone degeneration from agent orange exposure during his 2 tours as a sniper.Robert

Hardcast416taylor
02-06-2014, 05:48 PM
I always wanted one of those with a "real" stock on it. The plastic one always seemed too fat for me.

I recall that the AR-7 was offered with a walnut stock. I believe Bishop or possibly Fajen offered an upgrade wood stock for it.Robert