PDA

View Full Version : Attatching pics to the forums

BACKTOSHOOTING
02-03-2014, 11:35 PM
Been haveing a really hard time getting pics to attatch to my for sale ads. Any help figureing it out would be greatly app.

This all started when the site switched servers for me

Thanks, Steve

jonas302
02-03-2014, 11:40 PM
On the post screen on top by the smiley face click the square box 3rd from the end when the window comes up you might need to click on basic uploader then browse for pic chose pic then click upload file well that's how it works on my computer at least

bhn22
02-03-2014, 11:49 PM
Been haveing a really hard time getting pics to attatch to my for sale ads. Any help figureing it out would be greatly app.

This all started when the site switched servers for me

Thanks, Steve

You need to go to the "advanced" screen and click on the third icon from the right, which looks like a picture with small squares on the corners. It will bring up a box that say "Insert Image", and gives you the option of doing from an external website, or from your computer. I upload from my computer only on this site. If you use adobe (I don't), it will almost take over at this point. If not, click on the link at the bottom right corner of the box and your computers "libraries" page will appear. Find your pic, which is almost always in "pictures", and double click to select. The "Insert Image" box will reappear, with the location of the pic you selected. Click upload, and you should be done. I hope I didn't miss a step, I've done so many pics here that I just do it automatically anymore.

BACKTOSHOOTING
02-04-2014, 12:42 AM
You need to go to the "advanced" screen and click on the third icon from the right, which looks like a picture with small squares on the corners. It will bring up a box that say "Insert Image", and gives you the option of doing from an external website, or from your computer. I upload from my computer only on this site. If you use adobe (I don't), it will almost take over at this point. If not, click on the link at the bottom right corner of the box and your computers "libraries" page will appear. Find your pic, which is almost always in "pictures", and double click to select. The "Insert Image" box will reappear, with the location of the pic you selected. Click upload, and you should be done. I hope I didn't miss a step, I've done so many pics here that I just do it automatically anymore.

This is how i have been doing it for several months now but after the server change over i get a download failed message.
Maybe something is wrong with my computer [smilie=b:

Huskerguy
02-04-2014, 01:06 AM
I just tried to do it the way you stated and it gave me a failed message several times. Is it possible my jpg files are too large?

BACKTOSHOOTING
02-04-2014, 01:13 AM
That might be, How do i make them smaller ?

gmsharps
02-04-2014, 02:36 AM

Where is the advanced screen. don't see it.gmsharps

CGT80
02-04-2014, 02:50 AM

I think you posted just to show off those purdy boolits :kidding:

I use photobucket for posting pics to other forums, so I use that here as well. I just copy the link from photobucket and past it in the url section after hitting the "insert image" icon from the basic reply screen. I leave the box check marked to host the file locally. I assume that the file gets copied to the castboolits server, but I don't know for sure.

It seems to work for me. I shoot most of my pics with my phone instead of my DSLR, so please excuse the low quality :lol:

osteodoc08
02-04-2014, 10:01 AM
This is how i have been doing it for several months now but after the server change over i get a download failed message.
Maybe something is wrong with my computer [smilie=b:

Same issue for me....

bhn22
02-04-2014, 12:29 PM

Click on the picture icon- it has four small squares, one in each corner. A box will appear, titled "insert image".

You'll have the option of selecting "From URL", or "From Computer". I always load from my computer. Click on "Basic Uploader", which is in the bottom right corner. A "Browse" box will open. Click on it and you'll go into your computers library files. Select "Pictures", then select your image (doubleclick). The "insert image box will reappear, next to browse will be your pictures file address from your computer. Click Upload File(s). The insert image box will disappear, and on your post screen will be something like "a 6 digit number

Click on the "Preview Post" icon to doublecheck your work. The pic should appear.