PDA

View Full Version : Glock 23 LW barrel 40S&W dimpled primer cast bullets.

588E
02-03-2014, 04:46 PM
I’ve been getting some misfired cartridges.
The primer has been dimpled but the round fails to fire.
What can I do to correct this problem.

Thanks for any help

Westwindmike
02-03-2014, 05:13 PM
I'd take the firing pin out and clean and de-lube the fp channel. No oil should be in the Glock FP channel.

W.R.Buchanan
02-03-2014, 06:48 PM
If that doesn't fix the problem then some new springs are in order. <$5 Do not get talked into lighter springs. I did this and they lasted about 150 rounds and I had to put the stock springs back in due to light strikes and misfires. Use stock Glock parts

On Glocks there are very few aftermarket parts that actually improve the gun in any way. IN the fire control department there are none.

Different sights and a larger mag release button and the Glock extended slide release are about it. Some people use an aftermarket barrel however mine just caused problems.

I am near Glock Works and I have played with all of their aftermarket parts on their custom guns.

There is no significant advantage whatsoever over stock parts and in some cases they detract from the usage of the pistol. I don't like their triggers as all they are is metal versions of the original.

One of the things I do to all my Glock triggers is trim the safety back until it is flush with the face of the trigger when it is all the way depressed. This way it doesn't wear a hole in your finger when you shoot a lot.

The GW trigger has an aluminum safety that has square edges which will wear thru your finger in short order. This is not an advantage..

Their firing pins with lightening holes are completely pointless. No one on this planet can tell the difference in lock time caused by the lightening of a part that weighs less than a gram in the first place.

There is very little to be gained by changing internal parts on a Glock, every single one I have tried has failed prematurely and has been replaced by a stock part.

The whole point of a Glock pistol is to have a reliable defensive gun that will be there when you need it. They pretty much have this figured out at the factory.

My .02

Randy