PDA

View Full Version : grumble grumble

tommag
02-03-2014, 03:54 PM
Got home last night for a day and a half to find a flat tire on the pickup. After putting on the spare, I find I have no water, plumbing is froze.
This morning, the pickup won't start. The good news is Napa is running a 45 percent off sale, (the point spread on the superbowl)

Not much room for a fat man under the pickup, and the snow is just warm enough to be wet. Oh well, better quit whining and crawl back under there and put the starter on.

Bullshop Junior
02-03-2014, 03:57 PM
I have had many many days like that. If I was closer I would come give you a hand with the starter.

tommag
02-03-2014, 03:59 PM
Thanks, Daniel. I'm sure you would. It's not that hard, just awkward as heck.

Garyshome
02-03-2014, 04:05 PM
Just remember It could ALWAYS be worse!

CastingFool
02-03-2014, 04:36 PM
I don't drive my pickup much anymore, so my battery was weak and it froze during the cold weather we had. Went and got a new battery, hooked it up, and the truck wouldn't start, wouldn't even turn over, so obviously I have a poor connection somewhere. I'm just waiting for little better weather before I crawl underneath it, to check out the connections on the starter. It was -3 below this morning.

parson48
02-03-2014, 04:48 PM
There's a great country song in there somewhere.

waynem34
02-03-2014, 04:53 PM
Murphys Law."Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong."

Bullshop Junior
02-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Murphys Law."Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong."

My life is living proove of that lol.

I shouldnt say that. Things are getting much better.

Bad Water Bill
02-03-2014, 06:51 PM
You are fortunate that you can even find your battery.

My Beamer was hidden under the back seat.

I forget which one you had to pull out the washer solvent tank to see the battery wedged into the fender well.

Where is Henry Ford when you need him?

tommag
02-03-2014, 07:19 PM
Actually, I'm in a trailer ark, but not a double wide. Mine is a 24 ' travel trailer, for the time being.
Also, I don't have a dog or a mama, so not a complete country song, yet. I could write something about prison, as I'm not far from one, although I've only delivered fish there and have not been an inmate (yet).

tommag
02-03-2014, 07:23 PM
You are fortunate that you can even find your battery.

My Beamer was hidden under the back seat.

I forget which one you had to pull out the wasolvent tank to see the battery wedged into the fender well.

Where is Henry Ford when you need him?

Girty gots a beamer?

starmac
02-03-2014, 07:30 PM
LOL Sometimes engineers just see if they can out do themselves I think. I worked on the Camel pro racing bus twice. It broke down on the same stretch of I 40 ten years apart. lol The first time, it was the water pump. I walked around the bus twice, just looking for a possible place to hide the engine. lol It turned out to be a mid engine 671 detroit laying on it's side between the frame rails. Yup the water pump was on the topside, and I had to drop the motor down to get to it. lol

Bad Water Bill
02-03-2014, 07:34 PM
Nope Girty ain got no bmer. I givd id ta a hoosier dat din no no bedder.

Id now sids in a barn in indi aner.

tommag
02-03-2014, 07:38 PM
LOL Sometimes engineers just see if they can out do themselves I think. I worked on the Camel pro racing bus twice. It broke down on the same stretch of I 40 ten years apart. lol The first time, it was the water pump. I walked around the bus twice, just looking for a possible place to hide the engine. lol It turned out to be a mid engine 671 detroit laying on it's side between the frame rails. Yup the water pump was on the topside, and I had to drop the motor down to get to it. lol
671---- you're dating yourself,lol. Weren't those old jimmys something?! Easy to rebuild, but you had to do it every year or so!

starmac
02-03-2014, 07:54 PM
LOL It was a major luxory when we graduated to the all powerful 318. lol That bus was a 69 model that the camel pro bunch had refurbished with a complete new body. I don't know if the original had some kind of floor panel access or not. The one I worked on did have a removable floor panel after about a dozen screws you could access the emergency kill lever on the blower only. lol

I did a little grumbling the other day of my own, when I went to the parts house. I needed a fuel shutoff solenoid for my pickup, and O'reillys wanted 740 some odd dollars for it.
I about lost my religion over that one. lol

Talk about dating myself, I still have a running truck with a 453 jimmy in it. lol

CastingFool
02-03-2014, 07:56 PM
I used to have a '68 Mustang fastback. One day, my wife and I were car shopping in another town, when the water pump started leaking. We were at a dealership, and the salesman told me to just drive it around the back and they would take care of it. I said thanks but no thanks, but I need to use your phone. Called a parts store, they had the pump, drove over, told the guy what I needed to do, and went to work in their parking lot. I had my tools with me, so I replaced the pump, got some water to refill the radiator, thanked them profusely and took my wife and son back home. I had to hurry because I still had to go to work, as I was working 2nd shift at the time.

blackthorn
02-04-2014, 01:35 PM
On the plus side--- they say bad luck runs in threes --- so seems like you got yours all in one day!

richhodg66
02-04-2014, 01:43 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pujenWy-rM

Bullshop Junior
02-04-2014, 02:07 PM
I liked that last clip lol