PDA

View Full Version : Coyotes in Texas

crowbuster
12-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Hey guys,

I'm gonna be in San Antonio Texas the weekend of Jan 12 and wondered if anyone had a line on where to shoot a few coyotes or hogs, any vermin will do. And yes i plan to do a google search just thought someone may have a line and save me some time. Thanks C.B.:Fire:

Topper
12-11-2007, 10:44 PM
I don't know what kind of finances you have, but there are hunts offered by outfitters in that area.
My hog hunt spot is very limited, during deer season only individuals on the lease have access.
Can't blame the owner, he's just trying to make due.

Harpman
12-12-2007, 12:36 AM
just look for groups of Illegal aliens, the coyote will be the guy in front of the group.

crowbuster
12-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Hadn't really thought of that one Harpman.

Thanks for the info Topper really didn't want a guide, I'll see what I can find on the net, may not work out this time.

C.B.

Topper
12-13-2007, 01:14 AM
just look for groups of Illegal aliens, the coyote will be the guy in front of the group.
That is a very true statement :mrgreen:

KB291
12-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Need to have the "coyotes" labeled as terrorists (? spl) by Texas with no closed season. Then issue a "Terrorists Hunting License", no charge, no limits, and prises for the most "bagged" in 12 months.

lovedogs
12-13-2007, 07:43 PM
You may have a tough time getting to hunt anything in TX. There's very little land open to the public, almost all land is privately owned and they like to charge big money for right to hunt anything there. I don't believe in paying to hunt, especially when you are doing someone a favor to do so. Guess I'm not from Great Britain or wealthy enough to not care. I'm probably in a minority and expect someday none of us will hunt unless we pay. I'll quit hunting first.

crowbuster
12-13-2007, 09:09 PM
Lovedogs, I was afraid that might be the case with land being leased and such. No I won't pay a lot to kill coyotes when i got people calling me at home to kill em. I understand a guy makin some extra money, after all he pays the taxes, but sometimes it's outrageous. Oh well i'll look into it and if it's not feasible i'll look for a gun range or give the rental a nice long drive. Thanks for your input.

The Double D
12-14-2007, 01:22 AM
Look in the classified ads of the San Antonio paper for hog hunts. Last time I was in the area we got one for $300 for two days, one night food and lodging. Killed a a hog that made the Record Book of Exotics Top Ten Hogs killed with handgun that year. Never could get those folks at the Record book to understand I killed it with a rifle.