PDA

View Full Version : finally picked my truck gun

unclebill
02-03-2014, 02:42 AM
after much thought i kept coming back to either the sp-101 w/crimson trace grip .357mag
or my trusty S.A1911A1 G.I.
I went with the 1911 because i am very used to it
and my bride isnt .
so the wheelgun is her home protection weapon (along with the mossberg 12 gauge)
and this will live in the dodge.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l272/billhedges/019_zpse9d5b81a.jpg (http://s98.photobucket.com/user/billhedges/media/019_zpse9d5b81a.jpg.html)

unclebill
02-03-2014, 03:01 AM
Albuquerque nm is extremely high crime.
think demilitarized zone.
thank god castle doctrine extends to our vehicles.

Jupiter7
02-03-2014, 11:53 AM
I wouldnt make the springer GI a truck gun. They quit making the GI model a few years back. Prices on used ones are what new ones were. I have a Springfield stainless GI, it's the only 1911 I carry of my 5.

Larry in MT
02-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Looks like a good choice. My truck gun is this S&W 357 (a Model 66). I chose a revolver because the usual use for it is Rattlesnake control and I reload 38 shot shells. I keep it loaded with 140 grain reloads, however.
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab176/larrykay47/fc4f9b2f-1-1.jpg

Bullshop Junior
02-03-2014, 03:37 PM
My truck gun is a Puma 92 in 454 casull, but once I can afford it im getting a Ruger SR1911

DRNurse1
02-03-2014, 03:42 PM
I do not leave my gun in my truck unless I have to enter a criminal safe zone (like my work place...). I firmly believe the point of CCW is to CARRY concealed.

garym1a2
02-03-2014, 03:46 PM
Glock 22, gold dots.

c1skout
02-03-2014, 06:49 PM
I keep buying guns to use as a "truck gun", but then I like them too much to leave in the truck and they come inside to the safe.

Bullshop Junior
02-04-2014, 03:26 PM
I keep buying guns to use as a "truck gun", but then I like them too much to leave in the truck and they come inside to the safe.

I think we have all had this problem.

LUCKYDAWG13
02-04-2014, 07:10 PM
I do not leave my gun in my truck unless I have to enter a criminal safe zone (like my work place...). I firmly believe the point of CCW is to CARRY concealed.

100% with you on this to me a truck gun is a beater single shot 12ga with a 20" barrel on it
a carry gun is to be carried
but i like your new pistol a lot

John Allen
02-04-2014, 07:35 PM
I keep a SP101 in my truck myself. It lives in a possibles bag I use for hiking every week.

MTtimberline
02-04-2014, 07:53 PM
I don't keep any in the truck because if there is any crime around here, odds are they are going to break in to your vehicle. The low life b*st*rds search for anything they can sell quick and easy and guns are top of the list. Just don't want to deal with a stolen gun situation.

Finarfin
02-04-2014, 08:48 PM
When I think truck gun I think rifle. I'd like a kel-tec su-16 for the truck.

unclebill
02-04-2014, 09:41 PM
rifles don't do you much good when you need to fend off a carjacker
my truck gun aint for hunting.
it is too big for CC
i got it cheap
had it for years
and it's hiding spot wouldn't be found by anyone
yet it is within arms reach

MTtimberline
02-04-2014, 10:02 PM
From what I'm used to, my first thoughts about truck gun would be for critters. A carjacking would not even enter my mind. Hope I don't ever have to feel the need to be prepared for that.

L Ross
02-04-2014, 11:11 PM
Larry in MT, what are those cool grips?

Duke

junkpile
02-04-2014, 11:36 PM
I don't keep any in the truck because if there is any crime around here, odds are they are going to break in to your vehicle. The low life b*st*rds search for anything they can sell quick and easy and guns are top of the list. Just don't want to deal with a stolen gun situation.

I would never have a truck gun if I lived in an area known for its high crime rate. Now, I realize that my truck is probably far less secure than what most people drive, but I just don't leave any guns in there unless I absolutely have to. My worst fear would be walking towards my truck, only to have some kid that has watched way too many movies standing between me and my best defense, or worse yet, having already got to my best defense, and ready to use it.

I have truck guns, but I keep them on me.

But, that is a sweet choice. I considered getting one a few years back, but then never did... and now I can't find one. I have one 1911, and like it better than anything I've ever shot before. It's quick, it's instinctive to use, follow-ups are quick and easy, and there are tons of holsters and accessories and upgrades for it. Good choice.

Geraldo
02-05-2014, 09:04 AM
it is too big for CC

Wrong. It might be too big to put in your pocket, but it's not too big to carry. Living in Florida I've found that it isn't hard to carry a 1911 and extra mags even in summer.

I wouldn't leave any gun in a car. Your hiding space may seem safe, but anywhere you can reach it, they can find it.

Bullshop Junior
02-05-2014, 09:13 AM
From what I'm used to, my first thoughts about truck gun would be for critters. A carjacking would not even enter my mind. Hope I don't ever have to feel the need to be prepared for that.

Same here. Truck gun is incase you see a bear, or a hog, or something else you wanna shoot at.

Bullshop Junior
02-05-2014, 09:13 AM

Duke

They are made by pachmeyer.

CastingFool
02-05-2014, 09:36 AM
I wouldn't keep a gun in my truck. I would be afraid it would get rusty, like some tools I carried in my truck. In the winter time, the truck would sit out side all night and everything would be cold. On the drive to work, I had the heater on, and then the temp difference would create condensation on the tools.

Finarfin
02-05-2014, 09:36 AM
rifles don't do you much good when you need to fend off a carjacker
my truck gun aint for hunting.
it is too big for CC
i got it cheap
had it for years
and it's hiding spot wouldn't be found by anyone
yet it is within arms reach

never said only have a rifle.

Larry in MT
02-05-2014, 11:06 AM

Duke
They are Pachmeyer Presidents. About the same age as the Smith (mid 80s). They are quite thin and don't dig into my side, which makes for easy packing on a horse. They are NOT very comfortable when shooting full-house .357 loads.

unclebill
02-09-2014, 12:24 PM
Wrong. It might be too big to put in your pocket, but it's not too big to carry. Living in Florida I've found that it isn't hard to carry a 1911 and extra mags even in summer.

I wouldn't leave any gun in a car. Your hiding space may seem safe, but anywhere you can reach it, they can find it.
i am way too small to carry that without it printing.
i cant even carry my sp-101 for the same reason.
my bigger friends can easily conceal this size weapon
but i cant.

Changeling
02-10-2014, 07:53 PM
In Maryland (Frederick County) the LAW is more civilized then where you guys live! Call the police and they will get back to you within 24 hours!

If it is a mugging/serious altercation/traffic accident/ murder or other minor problem please hold for the next available operator!

Whoops, all lines seem to be busy, try calling back later!

GOOD BYE!

OR

I live on a back road with a 25 mph speed limit, people are racing down this road at extremely high speeds estimated at 60 to 80 mph! I have there tag number. I have also written the govenor!

Sorry citizen we didn't see it, what do you expect us to do!

On and On and on. Most people do not even bother calling them anymore! Complete joke!