PDA

View Full Version : Kroil

wv109323
02-02-2014, 05:44 PM
I finally found a can of Kroil to use on my Molds. I had two molds that had small deposits of lead soldered at various places on the mold. One mold was a brass mi-hec and the other was a RCBS iron mold. I let Kroil soak a couple hours and removed the lead deposits with a toothpick. Nothing else I had tried would remove the deposits.

Walter Laich
02-02-2014, 06:24 PM
I've used Kroil to clean cavities. Spray it in and start casting. After mold warms back up have great bullets dropping out of it

osteodoc08
02-06-2014, 10:19 AM
Kroil is awesome. My first introduction to Kroil was Aerokroil when I worked for a small grass strip "airport". I was responsible for maintaining the runway and doing basic maintenence on the planes under the watchful eye of a local mechanic and instructor at the local trade school. I also learned how to fly the smaller single prop Cessnas. My favorite was the Cessna 185. I also had about 15 hours on a Cessna 310. I was riding copilot in a Piper Cherokee 6 checking some avionics when the instructor decided to do an impromptu wing over. I was not expecting it at all. As my excitement faded he asked "So did you see any loose wires or glitches in the avionics." I laughed and told him that was the last thing I was checking for. He then said "Well ****** Tom, get your head out of your A$$ and do your job!" He was kidding of course. He was getting up there in age, I wonder what he's doing these days.