PDA

View Full Version : Nylon reinforced shipping/packing tape

FISH4BUGS
02-02-2014, 02:37 PM
I have been trading some of my secret stash of gourmet wheel weight ingots for 44 mag cases (Thanks to Gun Site and baron von Trollwhack for the trades) and when packing in SFRB or MFRB's I use a lot of nylon reinforced shipping/packing tape. This stuff is iron clad and great for keeping the lead secure in the box and reinforcing the box.
However, i use a BUNCH of it. I buy a roll from Home Depot for $13.95 and it does MAYBE three or four boxes worth. I am tired of paying that kind of money.
Certainly SOMEONE has a better deal or a better source.....
Any suggestions?
Many thanks,

fatnhappy
02-02-2014, 02:48 PM
www.uline.com

http://www.uline.com/BL_3111/Uline-Strapping-Tape?keywords=reinforced tape

Sweetpea
02-02-2014, 02:48 PM
Just did a quick search, and it would seem either U-line, or ebay will be your best bets.

bhn22
02-02-2014, 04:18 PM
Staples is cheapest in my area.

btroj
02-02-2014, 04:37 PM
[smilie=1:Tape is far easier than staples.

Sweetpea
02-02-2014, 04:52 PM
:killingpc
[smilie=1:Tape is far easier than staples.

Alvarez Kelly
02-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Amazon. Free shipping.

Bad Water Bill
02-02-2014, 06:20 PM
Run your tape to almost where you want the tape to stop.

Double the tape over on itself.

Now snap back sharply and your tape separate right at the crease.

No knifes or scissors needed.

CastingFool
02-02-2014, 09:46 PM
I just shipped a sfrb full of lead ingots, and I used Duck tape brand packing tape. Two full wraps side by side one way, with two full wraps side by side the other way. I'm curious to see how it fares. The box weighed 25 lbs. The guy at the post office told me I couldn't mail it at first, but he checked and then said, ok.

MaryB
02-03-2014, 01:26 AM
Get a bunch of free tyvek flat rate envelopes from the post office. Put lead in the envelopes, fold it over as tight as you can get it so the lead won't shift and then a wrap of tape to hold it all in place. Put that into a flat rate box and use a wrap of tape around the box flap. If nothing can shift or slide it should be good, tear the box and you still have that super tough envelope to go through.

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?categoryNavIds=catGetMa ilingShippingSupplies%3asubcatMSS_PriorityMail&categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=12&productId=P_EP_14&categoryId=subcatMSS_PriorityMail