PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question about Blazers

pumpguy
12-10-2007, 08:14 PM
I picked up a bunch of 9mm range brass the other night. There were a few of those aluminum Blazer cases mixed in. Usually, they are Berdan primed. These were Boxer primed. I don't plan on using them to reload, but, why couldn't you? Also, why are the CCI .45ACPs that come with Blazer brass rounds a little bit concave?

hotwheelz
12-10-2007, 09:51 PM
I tried to reload some of the blazer aluminum stuff last year just to see and if the case didnt split when flareing , it didnt seem to hold a crimp either. I dont think it will hurt your dies but I have been wrong before give it a try and see for yourself maybe it will work for you .

oneokie
12-10-2007, 10:07 PM
pumpguy wrote;

Also, why are the CCI .45ACPs that come with Blazer brass rounds a little bit concave?

Have noticed that on CCI and Speer brass in 40 S&W and 9mm. Guess it is something out of whack in the drawing process. (bunter ?)

Marshal Kane
12-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Have noticed that on CCI and Speer brass in 40 S&W and 9mm. Guess it is something out of whack in the drawing process. (bunter ?)
Tend to believe it is intentional. Not sure what the purpose is. Perhaps it provides a little more protection to the primer if left seated a little high?

creekwalker
12-11-2007, 06:34 PM
I've never tried reloading any Blazer's but have encountered others that did. The primer punch will push right through the primer pocket and open it up for the Boxer primer. Haven't seen any of the boxer primed Blazers but have heard about them, thought they were supposed to have been brass though.

creekwalker

oneokie
12-11-2007, 07:29 PM
FYI, a Berdan primer is of different diameter and height than a Boxer primer.

rugerdude
12-11-2007, 11:39 PM
Not sure about the aluminum cases. All I have seen are Berdan primed. As for the Blazer Brass cases, I recall an article on them that stated that they were not "drawn" like normal casings but were actually extruded. The article said that it gave the brass a bit different "look", but that they were just as reloadable as other casings. Have tried a few that I got from a friend and they act just like all my other brass.

Johnch
12-12-2007, 01:04 AM
I loaded the 40 or 50 45ACP Blazer Brass cases I picked up at the range
They seem to work fine

Also I have loaded 1000's of 9's and 40's in the blazer brass cases with exalant results

As for the AL cases
I sweep them up and save tham
Last time I made a trip to the recycler , I had 200+ lb that I traded for WW :drinks:

John