PDA

View Full Version : I just got my HFPC gun and I have questions

kbstenberg
01-30-2014, 10:43 PM
How do you change the scatter tip? I don't see any threads on any of the parts.
The regulating screw. What does it do?
Do most of you use the Disposable Moisture Separator? Or leave it off?
Is it more convenient to put the air regulator on the gun or on the air supply? Kevin

Beagle333
01-30-2014, 10:55 PM
The way I do it:

The center rod is threaded. The plastic tips thread themselves. I took mine off. Unless you're spraying a hotrod fender or a motorcycle gas tank, I see no need to diffuse the air stream.

It just controls how fast the air flows through it. I have mine wide open and never mess with it, but you might find that I'm missing something useful if you figure out what to do with it.

I use the separator. I live in a humid place and I have to drain my compressor every few uses, so I know there's water in the tank.

I put the regulator on the gun. I have a 50' hose and the regulator at the tank doesn't account for hose flex when triggering the gun on and off, so that one doesn't keep the pressure steady.

Let us know if you find neat tricks about using it that might help me and/or others as you learn. 8-)

Beagle333
01-30-2014, 11:01 PM
Oh, and if you haven't read it somewhere, do not fill the powder jar up to the top. Two inches is fine!
You want the air to flow out of that little short stem and stir up the powder and so it shouldn't be buried too deep in the powder.

bangerjim
01-30-2014, 11:17 PM
Beagle nailed it! Be sure you get the $6 air regulator with the gauge on it at HF. It it adjustable pressure! not flow!!!!!

Being in AZ, I do not need the drier, so I left it off. Check my pix on the other thread that shows how to use aquarium air tubing and split wire wrap to make a simple SiNGLE hose to the gun. Trying to use a heavy big air line AND the coax is a pain!

Tap/bang lightly the powder bottle on your palm while spraying to keep the powder fluidized in there.

Powder should gently flow/float out of the gun......NOT flood out!

And remember to STEP ON THE SWITCH! Sounds stupid.......but........don't ask!

Have fun......and ask if you have more ??????!

bangerjim

Beagle333
01-30-2014, 11:39 PM
And remember to STEP ON THE SWITCH! Sounds stupid.......but........don't ask!

And.... always remember to hook the ground clip up to the pan or foil, or you can stomp that switch like you're tryin to start a Willys jeep and the powder still won't stick. :oops::oops::oops:

alfloyd
01-30-2014, 11:46 PM
And put the plastic water filter down stream from the pressure regulator.
It will not handle the pressure of the main air line, don't ask how I know this.

Lafaun

Faret
01-31-2014, 06:49 PM
There are basically 3 settings to adjust with the gun. Where is everybody setting them at? 1 the air pressure. 2 the flow control knob on the air line by the handle. 3 the screw adjustment under the powder jar.

bangerjim
01-31-2014, 08:57 PM
If......IF.......you are using REAL air pressure (adjustable) regulator, you can forget the two knobs on the gun Just set the little brass know wide open. I never have touched that other adjustment! You dl ALL air control with the pressure reg knob.

Set your air reg gauge at 10-18# depending on your length and size of air line to the gun. Only YOU can determine the good setting, we can't.

bangerjim