PDA

View Full Version : Handloader Magazine & the 222 Remington...

BCB
12-10-2007, 06:22 PM
I have the Pet Loads Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 from Ken Waters. These are his articles that appeared in the Handloader Magazine…

Since this publication, there have been supplements to the originals and I assume these articles were published in Handloader Magazine also?

I am looking for information on the 222 Remington cartridge. I have the Pet Loads articles from January 1968 and May 1977. Does anyone know of supplements after these time periods for the 222 Remington? And, if so, what issue of Handloader are the in?

Also, does anyone have a master index (does one exists?) of all the articles in Handloader from the beginning so as to find where other articles on the 222 Remington might be found, either by Ken Waters or others? A master index sure would be a good idea if Handloader hasn’t created that yet. I would gladly pay a few bucks for it and then updates to the index each year…

Any help with the 222 Remington? (I must admit that the reloading for this round will be with my brother-in-law and the bullets will be non-CAST!!!)

Thanks…BCB

Scrounger
12-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Wolfe Publishing sells both Handloader and Rifle. Go to their website (http://www.riflemagazine.com/home/index.cfm), select whichever magazine you want and then click on "back issues". It will bring up an issue by issue list of all the magazines they have published in the last 40 years or so. Select "View" for any months you like and it tells you what articles were in that issue. You can buy the issue, if it is in stock, for $8. Many of them are sold out but available on DVD. The DVD set costs $500 or thereabouts. There is a search function, I didn't get into that, but you may be able to call up all articles on the .222 or whatever you want. I wish they would break down the DVD set and sell it by the year.

Nueces
12-10-2007, 09:17 PM
They will sell by the year - I just bought Handloader for 1974. Give 'em a call.

Mark

crowbeaner
12-21-2007, 06:20 PM
I'd get the Loadbooks USA book for $10 also. Lots of loads for "The Deuce". My favorites are WW brass, RP 7 1/2 primer, 21.0 of RL7 and the 50 gr. Speer SP c.o.a.l. of 2.130 (same as factory) or the 52 gr. Speer HP over 24.0 of BLC2. CB.

Ricochet
12-21-2007, 08:32 PM
If you get the patent number off the side of a bottle of Pyrodex and search for the patent, it gives data on a bunch of jacketed .222 loads with Pyrodex containing varying amounts of moisture up to a sludgy 25% water.
:mrgreen: