PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a Old model blackhawk parts blowout diagram?

robpete
01-29-2014, 08:30 PM
I finally got my original parts back from refinishing and decided to convert it back....only I can't get it to function. I have zero point of reference, since my other blackhawks are new models.

contender1
01-29-2014, 10:25 PM
You can go on-line to Ruger for a manual for your gun. In the manual is an exploded parts diagram. If that doesn't work, I can copy & print you a set if I know which model you have.
OM Rugers are much easier to assemble than the NM's. (Less parts.)
I can even talk you through it on the phone. I've done that a few times too.

Scharfschuetze
01-29-2014, 11:01 PM
Brownells also has an internal link that has many exploded diagrams of most firearms.

robpete
01-29-2014, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I checked the ruger manual. It doesn't show the parts in place/blown-out. Brownells schematic shows one with the new transfer bar. I'm still trying to figure this one out.

wcp4570
01-29-2014, 11:50 PM
Here is a link to the Ruger Blackhawk Old Model http://stevespages.com/pdf/ruger_blackhawk_om.pdf

wcp

robpete
01-30-2014, 03:41 PM
Thanks for all of the links, but I think I wasn't clear at what exactly I'm looking for. I'm looking for a reference on where everything goes. I need to get this thing back together.....in working order.

contender1
01-30-2014, 11:47 PM
Ok, Gun DIgest has published a set of books on Assy & Disassembly. In the most current edition, they show the New Model Blackhawk, BUT,,,, they also show the OLD MODEL Single Six. There are full instructions, with pictures showing complete disassembly, so you can reverse this & re-assemble the gun. Completely.
As I said, I can probably help, but these guns are a lot easier than the New Models.

Hardcast416taylor
01-31-2014, 12:03 AM
Years ago I made the mistake of sending in my OM single six for the new fangled transfer bar upgrade. BIG MISTAKE! What was a sweetheart of a .22 to shoot was turned into a gritty trigger heavy pull, couldn`t enjoy shooting piece of metal! I swapped out the new parts for the original parts they sent back with the gun. It still isn`t like it was at the outset, but its close.Robert