PDA

View Full Version : looking to book a hunt for son,s 18th birthday

iron mule
01-29-2014, 07:06 PM
hey guys
i am looking for recommendations on where to book a hunt for myself and my son
this will be for his 18th birthday present
never done this before /booking a hunt that is// so i have no idea as to what is involved

as to the game we would be interested in
1. exotic type
2. white tailed deer
3. wild hogs
4. predator coyotes/bobcat
or a mix of any of the above
we both have plenty of hunting and shooting experience //just never done anything like this before
any suggestions or advice will be appreciated
also if you can give a reference to an outfit you have used that will be helpful
thanks-- mule

harley45
01-29-2014, 08:00 PM
Wilderness hunting lodge in TN was great for hogs and the accominadations were fantastic. I have several friends that have used Dos Plumas in TX to and that is where we are going in the fall as it's a better deal money wise.

iron mule
01-29-2014, 08:08 PM
thanks for the info
i'll check them out and see what they have to offer
i forgot to mention in my original post this will be one year from now or a little sooner
today is his birthday and this is what he said he wanted for his 18th birthday

01-29-2014, 08:30 PM
I'm planning a trip to Caryonah Hunting Lodge in Crossville Tn. Never been there but it was recommended by a friend. They have a web site.

yukondog
01-30-2014, 02:24 AM
I went to Wilderness lodge back in 09 and took a 300# boar but they have red stag saika ,buffolow, just about any kind of goat you could want and of course hogs, it seems to be a top notch place [high fence]

Just Duke
01-30-2014, 06:43 AM
I'd buy food that can be stored with the money.....................

Just Duke
01-30-2014, 06:48 AM
2. white tailed deer
3. wild hogs
4. predator coyotes

Anyone here that has been civil to me over the years can come take these at my place for free.
As far as exotics go that would only apply to women in which case I don't share. ;)

Just Duke
01-30-2014, 12:50 PM
Bill is good people. I would hunt with him.

starmac
01-30-2014, 05:48 PM
Bill is there any deer seasons running this time of the year??

iron mule
01-30-2014, 09:43 PM
thanks for the input
i'll be checking the places out
mule

clownbear69
01-30-2014, 09:46 PM
High places above the deserts of New Mexico and Arizona have the little whitetail known as Coues deer.They can be found mixed in the same high country with the mule deer. In New Mexico there are some along both sides of the Continental divide.
If you put in for a tag with NMG&F and get drawn then you could call around to find a guide. So in the southeast part of the Gila NF (Leopold Wilderness) hunt units would be 21, 16B www.wildlife.state.nm.us.

You didn't mention the Ibex or Oryx (forget which one is once in a life time hunt) but as far as I know that's about as exotic as you will get in the US without going onto a ranch

Just Duke
01-31-2014, 02:55 PM
You have a PM Bill.

iron mule
02-03-2014, 09:43 PM
thanks for the info that was given
just sorry that this thread got off track so fast
mule