PDA

View Full Version : 1895G value

historicfirearms
01-29-2014, 08:44 AM
What's a like new Marlin 1895G, blued, 2004 production (JM) worth? Its had 15 rounds through it. I've got a chance to trade for one but not sure if it is worth it.

Keyston44
01-29-2014, 08:46 AM
They are going for about $550 here. People are asking more, but they are not selling for more.

Key

historicfirearms
01-29-2014, 09:24 AM
Thanks Key, that's about what the trade value is.

I looked at a brand new one in the gun shop. They wanted $595, and it looked like the Daisey BB gun I had as a kid. This older guide gun looks like a real rifle, so to me it is worth it.

Clay M
01-29-2014, 09:46 AM
Some of the older guns had a ported barrel which may be a plus to some and a minus to others.

tygar
01-29-2014, 10:04 AM
What's a like new Marlin 1895G, blued, 2004 production (JM) worth? Its had 15 rounds through it. I've got a chance to trade for one but not sure if it is worth it.

Jerry's has the blue GG for $504.

Clay M
01-29-2014, 05:02 PM
Would the porting stop you from buying a used guide rifle in excellent condition?

Keyston44
01-30-2014, 08:14 AM
Jerry's has the blue GG for $504.

I would rather buy a used (JM) Guide Gun for $550 and pay shipping and transfer fee before I would buy a new (REP) Guide Gun for $504. But that's just me.

Key

Clay M
01-30-2014, 11:51 AM
Guess I will just keep ear plugs handy and keep my ported guide gun. It is an older one. Shoots great and is a well built gune. I bought it the first year they came out. Think I may put an Ultra Dot 30 sight on it.

winchester 71
01-31-2014, 07:14 PM
Whats the snivel about ported marlins????? porting works, been shooting one for 7 years in 45-70 and can't find a issue to bo-ho about..........had a longer barrel 45-70 and sold it in favor of the more handy guide gun...........wood fit stunk, barrel is larger then the receiver,trigger was bad but
fixed the trigger and got it to shoot extremely well and that's what one wants in my country.......

bigted
02-01-2014, 01:27 AM
yep they do indeed work. they do all that they are designed to do and then some. i have had several ported rifles in hunting calibers and now these very useful rifles have not a one hole in the muzzle. i took the opportunity to take off my ear protection as this is the how i hunt in the brush ... just so i can at least have a chance at protecting myself IF i hear the bear that desires to do me harm ...

i shot one of the offending rifles 2 times and then tryed another and absolutely refuse to have another rifle or handgun with those spiffy little holes drilled in the muzzle. the noise i heard actually hurt my ears ... as in pain ... i had never had a noise that really hurt me before and i swear that if i see another hunter near me with these porting holes in their barrel ... i will go else where to hunt. that noise is terrible and ... just for me anyway ... i choose to have nothing to do with them nor be in the same close area with them without very good ear protection on or installed. i have lost enough hearing as it is.

that my friend is MY "snivel" ... :drinks: ... the porting does work but my "snivel" is the noise level they produce as compared to my same rifles after i cut off the "porting" and re crowned the barrels. i wont knock you for having them ... but that's my BOO HOO's ... just dont like them for myself is all. and may i ask where "your country" is located?