PDA

View Full Version : On its way and am impressed

country gent
01-28-2014, 11:37 PM
Today I recieved a call from Paul at CPA and was informed my rifle is going to be shipped this week. Its right on delevery time estimated when I ordered it. I got pics of the stock a couple weeks ago. Doing buisness with them has been more than expected very knowlegable, not only about the rifles but the sports/disciplines they are used in. This is going to be a long 3-4 days waiting for the call from the Local gun shop now. From talking with Paul today it really sounds like a beautiful rifle. I did opt for the "fancy grade" walnut. Rifle is the Shillouette model chambered in 40-65, douglas barrel Tapered octagon contour, weight 11 lbs 11ozs with sights, mva mid range soule rear and globe front, drilled and tapped 17" centers for MVA scope. The lever loop is also filled in with walnut. Ive got ammo ready to go for testing and break in. Paul and Gail have been more than helpfull dealing with and would recomend CPA to any one asking

Don McDowell
01-29-2014, 12:08 AM
Hope to hear about all the iddybiddy tiny little groups you and that rifle can put together. :)

gmsharps
01-29-2014, 12:40 AM
I recieved mine in December when I came back for R&R. It was a pleasure to have worked with both Paul and Gail in making the proper decisions. I opted to get a 22lr barrel along with the 45-70. The wood was absolutely georgeous. Got a bit of work to do to finish the stock since I chose to not have it finished but thats just part of the game. If it shoots half as good as it looks I'll be happy. You will not be disappointed. I'm chomping at the bit to get home for good to get to doing load developement.

gmsharps

Bzcraig
01-29-2014, 01:23 AM
Pictures! I WANT PICTURES!

country gent
02-07-2014, 12:36 AM
Finally recieved the rifle today, Mother nature thru her 2 cents in with storms in pensylvania and following the rifle on its journey. To Paul and Gail and the crew beautiful craftsmanship and pride in you work, they definitly show in its fit finish and overall looks. Uts -2* here right now so may be awhile before I get it to the range. When My Daughter comes out Ill post a couple pics for you BZCraig.

bigted
02-07-2014, 06:51 AM
congrats on your new addition. cant wait to hear bout your load workup and i also am waiting for those pictures to help drool over.

Jon K
02-07-2014, 11:25 AM
WELL...Where's the pics?

Jon

oldred
02-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Ain't no stinkin gun lessin there's pitchers!