PDA

View Full Version : Just another new guy wanting to learn

Binderrod
01-28-2014, 06:53 PM
This seems to be the place I was looking for. I lurked for a few days taking all the great information in about alloys. I recently picked up 1200 pounds of pure lead from a demolition of an X Ray department at a VA Hospital. Over the weekend I was lucky enough to pick up a 100 lb box of Monotype for 25 bucks and 25 lb box of linotype for 10 bucks. I hit the flea markets today for pewter. I have done some casting of wheel weights and have around 2500 of the 9mm and 2500 of the 40 SW. My next casting will be for my 38 Special. If I ask stupid questions please be kind, like I said I'm new at this. Let the fun begin.

It doesn't get any better than Hot Rods and Guns!

JASON4X4
01-28-2014, 07:00 PM
welcome it gets addicting.

fastfire
01-28-2014, 07:01 PM
I lurked here for several months before casting trying to learn what I could without hands on experience. I think if you search enough you can find most if not all answers to any questions.
Sounds like you have good resources for lead alloys.
Have fun, it's more addicting that I had thought.

lightman
01-28-2014, 10:01 PM
Welcome Aboard! It sounds like you have some good sources for lead. These Guys don't bite as bad as some Forums do!

Pb2au
01-28-2014, 10:21 PM
Welcome. It sounds like you have gotten off to a good start.
Don't forget to dig into the stickies, there are days and days of reading there. But ask the questions too, that's the purpose of place.
Good luck