PDA

View Full Version : Lead bullets illegal in California now?

6bg6ga
01-28-2014, 07:56 AM
Heard rumored that as of aproximately the 13th of January 2014 that lead bullets were illegal in california.

Is this true? Does this mean commercially loaded ammunition or does it mean the end of lead cast bullets in California?

How soon before the tree huggers make it illegal in other states?

jmort
01-28-2014, 10:56 AM
For hunting

Baja_Traveler
01-28-2014, 11:13 AM
It's a lead ban for hunting only, and it does not take effect until 2019.

Hopefully before then the law can be run through the courts and be overturned.

bangerjim
01-28-2014, 03:19 PM
By 2019 there will not be any lead left anyway , now that Doe Run is shut.

O................M................G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are those two magic words again ..........DOE RUN!
HA...................ha.

banger

dragon813gt
01-28-2014, 03:56 PM
What is Doe Run? Please tell me more about it.

Chihuahua Floyd
01-28-2014, 04:29 PM
Doe Run was the last lead foundry in the US. Shut down by increasing EPA regulations, mostly put in place during Bush era. Proving, that like a stopped clock, even the SOB in the White House tells the truth at least once. That's all I give him credit for though.
None of the major bullet manufactures have been relying on Doe Run for years if what I read is to be believed.

mikeym1a
01-28-2014, 04:38 PM
Doe Run shut down operations, in spite of spending a lot of money to upgrade their facilities, and plans to expand because the EPA changed the emissions regulations making it financially impossible to continue operations. it was the last sole purpose lead extraction operation in the US. There are several sources of lead in the US, and Canada, and Mexico, and Central America, and Australia, and China, etc. We will continue to get all the lead we need, and it will not be through recycling. We need source material. Those other mines producing lead in the US, and in North America are producing it as a secondary material. The primary material is often zinc or silver or gold. No, our sport won't go away because Doe Run has closed down. It just makes us dependent of foreign sources, and the vagarities of the market. So much for supporting the US economy. YAY TEAM OBAMA!!!!

Duckiller
01-30-2014, 01:29 AM
Lead boolits have been illegal for several years in California for hunting in Condor areas. Only DF&W approved projectiles may be used for hunting in Condor areas.

Bzcraig
01-30-2014, 01:49 AM
its what happens when you miss. Thought I would see more purple but I guess this will never die!

garym1a2
01-30-2014, 07:41 AM
Has a condor actually ever died of lead poising?

sargenv
01-30-2014, 12:42 PM
Yes but not from actual fragments.. story went that they fed the condors already dead cattle that had died from ingesting toxins including lead and other heavy metals..

garym1a2
01-30-2014, 01:23 PM
So its not a real lead problem. It's more a control issue?

Yes but not from actual fragments.. story went that they fed the condors already dead cattle that had died from ingesting toxins including lead and other heavy metals..

01-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Never believe anything from those who have radical agendas and use junk science to promote them. It has not been scientifically proven that any condor has died as a result of ingesting lead from a bullet. However, some have been electrocuted by flying into power lines. There hasn't been any proposal to have the power lines removed. (Not yet, anyway.) It isn't about the condor, it's about money, power and control.

Whiterabbit
01-30-2014, 02:25 PM
So its not a real lead problem. It's more a control issue?

That is correct. HSUS claims they will take this nation wide.

Freightman
01-30-2014, 05:11 PM
condors should have went with the mammoths!

Boyscout
01-30-2014, 05:19 PM
How many condors and bald eagles have been chopped up in windmill farms?

Monttexan
01-30-2014, 07:40 PM
How many condors and bald eagles have been chopped up in windmill farms?

Enough for a very tasty stir-fry.....or maybe a big pot of soup! :twisted:

Old Caster
01-30-2014, 07:47 PM
Doe run was an unusual lead mine because it is one of the few places that lead is in its natural form when mined. In other words make a bullet out of it and shoot it in the ground and it is back where it came from in the same form. In most other mines, lead is a by product of other minerals that are wanted or the lead needs to be somehow removed from other forms of material that aren't wanted. Doe run was one of the first lead mines because all it takes to get it is crush the rocks, originally gotten from the creeks and rivers and make the lighter powdered rock wash away while the heavier lead stays at the bottom.

Many Condors and Eagles have been killed by windmill farms but for those that don't care specifically about them, the windmills are also very inefficient costing a fortune to build and operate so the government subsidizes them so the greens will feel good. Greens however are catching on slowly about the birds and now want solar which cost even more.

Outpost75
01-30-2014, 09:54 PM
I heard that condors taste like chicken 8-)

DLCTEX
01-30-2014, 11:50 PM
Actually they taste a lot like buzzard.

xacex
01-31-2014, 02:50 AM
I don't know about condor, but crow tastes like dark meat turkey. Those two breast nuggets make good jerky.

W.R.Buchanan
01-31-2014, 11:15 PM
Condors do not taste like chicken! they are vultures. more like Chicken Ship.

I have seen only one in my 64 years living very near the actual original Condor sanctuary near Fillmore CA and that was 40 years ago before they were endangered. Hell nothing was endangered 40 years ago.

The bird landed on the middle conductor of a Edison 220KV transmission line. When it spread it's wings it became the new 4th conductor between the phases and exploded into a ball of burning bird which hit the ground and burnt completely to ashes in about 30 seconds.

Eating 220,000 volts at 3000 amps will do that to you.

Fillmore was without power for the rest of the day.

Randy

As far as lead boolits you just can't" hunt" with them.

TreeKiller
01-31-2014, 11:55 PM
I put PC on mine to hide the lead!!!!

s mac
02-01-2014, 03:10 PM
Has a condor actually ever died of lead poising?

I'd be willing to bet someone caught one sitting long enough to catch a dose of lead.

357maximum
02-01-2014, 05:10 PM
Just like lead killing waterfowl.....does lead kill waterfowl if ingested?........when they ingest it at 1200 fps it does...the rest is hogwash put out by agenda mided folks that control the control.

Idaho Sharpshooter
02-02-2014, 02:29 AM
In 2012 we got 85% of our lead from mines outside the US. They will just ship the raw ore to Canada or Mexico and refine it there. Doe Run was just the last of thirteen or fourteen mines that were closed over the last ten or so years, the machinery moved outside our borders, reassembled and are now in operation with non-US workers.

Rich

totalloser
02-22-2014, 06:58 PM
The tide may be turning on CA's laws though. CRPA and NRA lawsuits have not only been beating back some such nonsense but just won a CONSTITUTIONAL battle in the 9th circuit which goes *way* beyond "shall issue" policies, to CCW being a right under the second amendment. Colorado may have been the turning in the war on freedom, but CA will be the battlefield for years to come.

http://www.scpr.org/news/2014/02/13/42210/court-tosses-california-s-concealed-weapons-rules/

rexherring
02-22-2014, 07:43 PM
Just another reason not to live in Kaliforia.

AZ-JIM
02-22-2014, 10:30 PM
We spent a weekend in the Grand Canyon last summer, and man they are pushing hard to promote the lead kills condors nonsense. Park rangers and tour guides, signs everywhere, including "wishing well" type areas, dont throw coins over the side, the dumb *** condors eat them blah blah. As stated above the condor should have gone way of the mamoth, any animal that isnt smart enough to know what isnt food as they eat it should fall victim to natural selection.
They were going as far as blaming the unethical meat slayer for leaving lead filled gut piles, and unrecovered carnage all over the forest, which supposedly is what the condor thrives on.
There are several problems with this "logic", but to name a few; hunting season ain't year 'round, and last I checked there is no hunting in the National parks, and the actuall success rates for big game hunting at least around here tend to hover around 25-30%. So the amount of so called contaminated gut piles and unrecovered animals is minimal at best, over a period of a few months.
Yes they will do anything to push thier agenda.

az-jim

tg32-20
02-22-2014, 10:40 PM
Just another reason not to live in Kaliforia

So do not move here like everyone else.

It was 75 degrees here today, how about you?

Cmm_3940
02-22-2014, 10:48 PM
Greens however are catching on slowly about the birds and now want solar which cost even more.

So they prefer fried to minced?

AZ-JIM
02-23-2014, 10:37 AM
Just another reason not to live in Kaliforia

So do not move here like everyone else.

It was 75 degrees here today, how about you?

One of many reasons not to live in Commiefornia, I have lived there, worked there, vacationed there, and as much as I would love to engage you in the matter, I will refrain from hijacking the thread to do so.

az-jim

hickfu
03-02-2014, 10:53 PM
With the lefties in charge yelling lead is so deadly, I think they ban lead because it may kill things deader then dead. As far as the Ca Condor... If the thing is stupid enough to eat lead then its stupid enough to go extinct!

I heard the reason was because the condors were eating the gut piles left from hunters and the lead boolits were killing them.... I dont think my lead boolit would be left behind... They go right through!!!

Doc

Bullshop
03-02-2014, 10:57 PM
Ya think they know there is a lead battery in every vehicle there? I think if they are banning lead they should ban lead batteries as well.
Bet they will squawk when they feel that bite!

badbob454
03-03-2014, 12:02 AM
wow , the lead interferes with the condors digestion don know how but it causes them to starve to death , , i don know how much is true ... but i understand the need to conserve wildlife , dont think slugs should be banned , as usually they pass through, and are large enough the condor shouldnt swallow them ,... birdshot is banned in lead so shouldnt be a problem ... ps moved out of california thank god. too many laws taxes and regulations ...

wistlepig1
03-03-2014, 12:38 AM
Lead boolits have been illegal for several years in California for hunting in Condor areas. Only DF&W approved projectiles may be used for hunting in Condor areas.

OK, can I hunt Condors with zinc bullits?:roll:

sorry. I had to say it.

freebullet
03-03-2014, 01:09 AM
Everything is illegal. Don't worry though they are releasing murders and rapists so jail will be purty safe. Cast on!

Minerat
03-05-2014, 12:05 AM
Ever notice how the only extinct animals are those that no one wants to eat?

As for Doe Run. The plant was shut down due to more stringent air emissions standards the EPA enacted (your truck is next). These standards reduced the emissions limits so low that is was not cost effective to retrofit the plant, and not rebuild it because it would take longer to get government approvals for a lead plant then it takes for a nuclear power plant. The company cited the $100 million project as too financially risky. Thank you big government.

badbob454
03-05-2014, 12:30 AM
bet they will re-open it when we go to war with china ..

smokeywolf
03-05-2014, 01:30 AM
bet they will re-open it when we go to war with china ..

China has probably already bought all the equipment and machinery that is to be stripped out of the plant.

Slow Elk 45/70
03-05-2014, 05:51 AM
Aren't condors just a large buzzard ???[smilie=1: Larger improved model just for Kaliforna...should be able to take large quanities of:Fire: 'oo' to put one of these baby's down :brokenima Sorry in advance for hurting anyone's feelings, [smilie=1:

FLHTC
03-05-2014, 03:18 PM
The worry over Doe Run is pointless. There are plenty of secondary smelters that deal in recycled lead but the real issue is prohibition, not short supply. The lead poisoning of waterfowl was a real issue, not something drummed up by the controllers. I grew up on the Chesapeake and I've seen it first hand.

fredj338
03-05-2014, 03:42 PM
It's a lead ban for hunting only, and it does not take effect until 2019.

Hopefully before then the law can be run through the courts and be overturned.
Hunting or shooting on public lands. On private lands, pretty sure you can still do as you please.
The Condor thing is a ruse for gun control, nothing else. Do Condors die of led poisoning, yes, but it's more likely enviro, air/water, than they actually ingest bullets or fragments. I have killed many large & small game animals, almost never find a bullet because it exited, so nothing for the bird to eat.
Yes Kalif sucks, has for the last 30yrs or so. Anyone staying here is doing so at their own peril. We pay a hell of a price for nice weather, IMO, just not worth it anymore after living here on & off for 52yrs. Give me some snow days over a stupid & oppressive govt any day.

smokeywolf
03-05-2014, 03:45 PM
Wish they would focus more on banning illegal aliens than on banning lead boolits.

dragon813gt
03-05-2014, 05:09 PM
Wish they would focus more on banning illegal aliens than on banning lead boolits.
If they focused on the illegal aspect of everything and left the law abiding citizen alone everyone would be better off. Punish the perpetrator, not the citizen who's just going about his life.

Duckiller
03-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Fred the game belongs to the state (the people) they catch you hunting with lead on public or private property the fine will be the same and large. On this same topic 3 or 4 years ago a vetinarian posted that animals shot with lead boolits would have trace amounts of lead left in their bodies even if the projectile passed through. Condors are not lead tolerant and trace amounts will get them sick, may even kill them. I just won't believe this state is serious about saving condors until they leave beached whales on the shore for the condors to eat. To date when it has been a contest between Barbara Strizand and condors, Barbara has won. As long as condors don't eat my paper targets I can continue to shoot lead.

totalloser
03-06-2014, 12:21 AM
I find some of this discussion about California is a bit alarming. I see it a different way completely. Don't like how something is going? CHANGE IT. Writing CA off is *conceding a winnable battle* that could tip the tide of a political war on the second amendment. California residents (especially the kind that post on a forum like this) need *support* of our countrymen, not their scorn.

freebullet
03-06-2014, 12:53 AM
They should pass a law that condors can only dine on kalifornia politicians, problem solved.

smokeywolf
03-06-2014, 01:21 AM
I find some of this discussion about California is a bit alarming. I see it a different way completely. Don't like how something is going? CHANGE IT. Writing CA off is *conceding a winnable battle* that could tip the tide of a political war on the second amendment. California residents (especially the kind that post on a forum like this) need *support* of our countrymen, not their scorn.

totalloser, hate to wander from the focus on lead boolits for hunting but... Unless all the illegal aliens are rounded up and sent packing back to their Country of origin, and every worthless traitor that supports the presence of said criminal aliens is somehow shown the error of their ways, California is finished. It is unsaveable.

By the way, those criminal aliens produce litters of future Dem/Lib voters who elect Dem/Lib 2nd amendment destroyers and anti-lead boolit legislators.

smokeywolf

trapper9260
03-06-2014, 07:01 AM
For what is is stated on here about lead and eagles,there is ads on TV here in Iowa about lead and eagles and should ban lead for hunting.But they do not talk much about eagles get kill by the wind farms out here.I wonder why is that.

6bg6ga
03-06-2014, 07:07 AM
For what is is stated on here about lead and eagles,there is ads on TV here in Iowa about lead and eagles and should ban lead for hunting.But they do not talk much about eagles get kill by the wind farms out here.I wonder why is that.

They don't talk about the wind farms because its not part of their agenda. You have to get rid of those evil guns and ammunition. Since they were unable to tackle the guns then go for the ammunition.

trapper9260
03-06-2014, 07:30 AM
They don't talk about the wind farms because its not part of their agenda. You have to get rid of those evil guns and ammunition. Since they were unable to tackle the guns then go for the ammunition.

Thank you for remind me.

Nicholas
03-06-2014, 11:33 PM
Last I heard, Doe Run is still mining a lot of lead in the form of the mineral Galena here in Missouri. It was their smelter in Herculaneum that shut down. Galena is often nicknamed lead by the miners and locals. However, it is lead sulfide and must be smelted to obtain the lead. What is really neat to see is how the Galena is separated from the ground up rock. It actually is treated chemically so that it attaches to a soap bubble and floats in the processing liquid, while the much lighter waste rock sinks to the bottom of the vat.

It isn't just California that seems to be going nuts. I think it must be something in large bodies of water because both coasts are infected as well as several localities on the Great Lakes. For the most part it seems not to be prevalent in the Gulf of Mexico.

Whiterabbit
03-07-2014, 03:39 AM
totalloser, hate to wander from the focus on lead boolits for hunting but... Unless all the illegal aliens are rounded up and sent packing back to their Country of origin, and every worthless traitor that supports the presence of said criminal aliens is somehow shown the error of their ways, California is finished. It is unsaveable.

By the way, those criminal aliens produce litters of future Dem/Lib voters who elect Dem/Lib 2nd amendment destroyers and anti-lead boolit legislators.

smokeywolf

Disagree. We buy more guns than any other state. We have more NRA members. We are the front lines. You suggest we pull back from the front lines. I do not want you as general.

smokeywolf
03-07-2014, 05:40 AM
Whiterabbit, actually Kentucky not only had a higher number of NICS background checks than any other State, they also had the highest number of NICS background checks per capita. If you count gun purchases relative to State population, California is number 42 on guns purchased per person at 26.29 purchases per 1,000 people. Kentucky takes top honors, number 1 at 535.78 guns purchased per 1,000 people.

You may be right about NRA membership numbers. However, what little info I've seen suggests that Texas has the most NRA members.

I really do hope I'm wrong about California being lost to the anti-Constitution liberal progressives, but as long as Constitution loving conservatives are vastly outnumbered by Dem/lib voters, the State legislature will continue their incremental usurpation of citizen rights and liberties.

smokeywolf

Whiterabbit
03-07-2014, 12:07 PM
Hi Wolf,

We've talked about those numbers at length on California forums. KY is cherrypicked data, because KY requires a background check EVERY MONTH for every CCW holder. That greatly magnifies the NICS checks. Second, there is no data on the number of guns purchased per check. In CA, we have a 10 day wait period on all firearms purchases. That may incentivize multiple firearms per NICS check.

You may not be aware, but we recently won a 9th circuit case involving concealed carry which will, for all intents and purposes, (though I'm not 100% sure if the semantics are accurate) will turn CA into a shall issue state. If you assume our legislature enacts a silly law demanding a monthly background check for a CCW holder (and given precedent in KY, it's not unreasonable to assume we'll have it in our laws soon enough) then you'll see our own NICS data spike up to your level. Pretty quickly, actually.

I really do hope I'm wrong about California being lost to the anti-Constitution liberal progressives, but as long as Constitution loving conservatives are LEAVING THE STATE IN DROVES, FALSELY ASSUMING CA IS A HOPELESS ENDEAVOR, the State legislature will continue their incremental usurpation of citizen rights and liberties.

I corrected the reality of your statement. What we need is as many real conservatives moving TO California to swing the numbers.

Whiterabbit
03-07-2014, 12:11 PM
By the way, don't think you can give up on California and assume it's not going to bite YOU on the ****. Without conservatives putting the state in check, we will enact all sorts of insane laws that will directly affect YOU as well. Case in point, this chicken egg law that states that all eggs sold in California shall meet OUR standard of humane living (and guess how reasonable that standard is). And we are getting (rightly) sued over such standards.

So don't think you can just export all our conservatives and allow CA to crumble under the weight of its own utopianism. If YOU don't do YOUR part to stop CA lunacy, it's gonna come knocking on your doorstep too. Just ask Colorado. Unless they are hopeless too.

Bonz
03-07-2014, 12:19 PM
October 29, 2013 - The Doe Run plant in Herculaneum, Missouri is the last primary lead smelter in the country. The facility uses raw ore mined from local deposits.

By the end of this year the last primary lead smelter in the United States will be closing. According to a press release by the National Rifle Association’s Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA), the Doe Run facility in Herculaneum, Missouri plans on closing its doors in December. The smelter has existed in the same location for the past 121 years and is currently the only facility of its kind that can produce lead bullion from raw ore. Other smaller, secondary smelters only have the capability of retrieving lead from used items such as ammunition or batteries.

For the last 25 years Doe Run had been grappling with environmentalists and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) over strict new air standards. According to KBIA Radio, the news of the smelter’s closure received a mixed reception among Herculaneum residents. For the hundreds of employees that are facing unemployment and the many more that depend on the smelter, Doe Run’s closure is an end of an era. To the others that have long called for the facility’s closure, it could not have come soon enough. For years, some residents have claimed a fine dust permeated the town as a result of the smelter’s operation.

“This was all over,” said resident Jack Warden. “It covered the side-walking areas. Kids would ride their bicycle down the street and they’d see that dust, they’d lock the brakes up, slide the back tire around on the bicycle, dust would just go flying. And that’s what they were breathing—30 percent lead.”

The Missouri Department of Natural Resources took notice and issued a cease and desist order. After criticism from federal health officials and other agencies, Doe Run cleaned up the facility and took measures to lower their production. In 2002, the smelter finally met the Clean Air Act lead standard, but it was not long before the EPA added further restrictions. In 2010, Doe Run announced that it will not be modifying the plant to suit the new restrictions and instead would be shutting down.

According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Doe Run initially toyed with the idea of constructing a $100 million clean lead production facility in Herculaneum but later decided against it.

On a national scale, the NRA-ILA states that the plant’s closure could affect ammunition makers.

“What is clear is that after the Herculaneum smelter closes its doors in December, entirely domestic manufacture of conventional ammunition, from raw ore to finished cartridge, will be impossible,” the organization said in its press release.

It is not currently known how far-ranging the impacts of Doe Run’s closure will be.

The smelter’s closure will leave nearly 145 employees and 73 contractors out of jobs, although some personnel will be retained for closing operations. The plant’s closure will be especially hard on the local school system, which receives $500,000 a year from Doe Run.

“We have a very talented workforce and encourage businesses looking for dedicated, hardworking and skilled employees to contact us,” said Doe Run manager Gary Hughes.

Marlin Junky
03-07-2014, 09:44 PM
On private lands, pretty sure you can still do as you please.

Incorrect... see last page of:

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/wildlife/hunting/condor/docs/LeadInformation.pdf

MJ

Marlin Junky
03-08-2014, 05:39 PM
Just another reason not to live in Kaliforia.

BTW, California may be a gun ownership repressive state but I submit that Illinois is worse. I'm not aware of a FOID card issued by the "California State Police".

MJ

P.S. Oh yeah, I just remembered that MI and NJ residents need a permit to purchase a big-bore airgun! Point is... if we all just cherry pick the best places to live based on gun laws, one might find themselves moving around a bit during their lifetime. The honorable thing to do is stay put and fight for your rights. Personally, I don't like CA because it's too crowded and expensive; however, I know lots of good people who live there... and they're all fluent in my language... so to speak.

Springfield
03-08-2014, 11:29 PM
We have no FOID card. We do have a Handgun safety card, which I just renewed. To purchase a handgun we have to take a very easy 25 question test, and then we are allowed to buy any handgun that is legal in the state. No guns are listed on the card. I just looked and it expires in a year, coulda sworn the last on was for longer than that, musta changed. I bought a pair of matching Kimber 45 autos in Stainless. I plan on having them engraved when my kids earn their Blackbelts, commemorating the occasion. I will do the same if my son makes it to Eagle Scout, just haven't decided what firearm it will be yet. Probably some nice .357.

smokeywolf
03-09-2014, 06:04 AM
Hi Wolf,

We've talked about those numbers at length on California forums. KY is cherrypicked data, because KY requires a background check EVERY MONTH for every CCW holder. That greatly magnifies the NICS checks. Second, there is no data on the number of guns purchased per check. In CA, we have a 10 day wait period on all firearms purchases. That may incentivize multiple firearms per NICS check.

You may not be aware, but we recently won a 9th circuit case involving concealed carry which will, for all intents and purposes, (though I'm not 100% sure if the semantics are accurate) will turn CA into a shall issue state. If you assume our legislature enacts a silly law demanding a monthly background check for a CCW holder (and given precedent in KY, it's not unreasonable to assume we'll have it in our laws soon enough) then you'll see our own NICS data spike up to your level. Pretty quickly, actually.

I corrected the reality of your statement. What we need is as many real conservatives moving TO California to swing the numbers.

I was aware of the recent decision by the 9th U.S. Circuit Court to restore a portion of the 2nd amendment to the Bill of Rights, which the majority of the State's sheriffs have chosen to deny the citizens for such a very long time.
I am not, however, counting my chickens before they've hatched. With every libtard California politician and law enforcement muckity muck scheming to sabotage the court's ruling and the Constitution itself, we'll have to wait and see if the 2nd amendment will actually be restored in California. We'll also have to wait and see what kind of obstacles and fees the State will use to discourage citizens from exercising their natural and Constitutional rights.

I thank you for schooling me on Kentucky's policy regarding monthly NICS checks. That's almost as amazing as California's ongoing efforts to deprive honest taxpaying citizens of their natural and Constitutional rights.

One more thing, if you are going to make changes to my words without first consulting with me, you might extend me the simple courtesy of removing my name (screen name) from the quote, as it is then no longer my quote.

smokeywolf

ROGER4314
06-19-2014, 01:40 AM
Years ago, I had a chance to take a job in California and turned it down. THANK GOD, I did! Every time I hear a story like this, the same phrase keeps going through my head:

GOD BLESS TEXAS!

Flash

stepmac
07-08-2014, 11:26 PM
So I asked one of those bird experts why vultures (including condors) aren't made sick by eating proud meat. He said that the birds digest the rotten meat before it can get to them. Okay, sounds logical to me. But I don't think either a vulture or condor would be a popular Thanksgiving bird.

AZPaul
07-14-2014, 08:10 PM
Interesting, information. Did they ever check lead blood levels of the residents around the Doe run facility?

Whiterabbit
07-15-2014, 04:46 AM
Of course not. Your data is irrelevant. If you had it. There is no room in this agenda for analytical root cause analysis. To suggest so is uesless.

BAGTIC
07-15-2014, 10:07 AM
Condors have also died from drinking spilled automotive antifreeze but no one saw fit to ban that.

BAGTIC
07-15-2014, 10:13 AM
Actually they taste a lot like buzzard.

Buzzard or vulture? They are not the same.

BAGTIC
07-15-2014, 10:17 AM
My grandfather told me he ate a vulture during the depression. Also said he ate a skunk once. Hunger can make a person do things he otherwise would have thought impossible.

6bg6ga
07-28-2014, 09:07 PM
I draw the line at beaver.

trapper9260
07-29-2014, 10:38 AM
I draw the line at beaver.beaver is really good also to eat save all the ones I get to eat.

JohnFreeman
08-03-2014, 06:32 PM
. I just won't believe this state is serious about saving condors until they leave beached whales on the shore for the condors to eat. To date when it has been a contest between Barbara Strizand and condors, Barbara has won.

They need to start leaving Barbara Streisand beached on the shore for the condors.

W.R.Buchanan
08-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Roger; If you had taken that job in CA you'd probably have enough money to Retire in Taxas by now.

Condors are a type of Vulture.. Lived here near the original Condor Santuary behind Fillmore for my entire life minus 6 years and I have seen exactly one Condor. I saw it in 1973.

It landed on the center conductor of an Edison 220 KV Line and when it spread it's wings it became the new Phase to Phase conductor and essentially exploded. We were all really stoned and all that anyone could say was FWow!

The reason why we have this Lead Krap is because the Audubon Society has one of it's principals installed as the F&G commissioner. They are very well organized and well funded. It has nothing to do with Condors and everybody knows it, and these people are directly aligned with the Insane Leftist Gun Control Nutcases so they work together.

I doubt any of them could have come up with "Condors with Lead Poisoning" on their own.

If the rest of us were that well organized and well funded,,, it wouldn't be like this!

Something to think about? :holysheep

Randy

xacex
08-07-2014, 11:45 AM
beaver is really good also to eat save all the ones I get to eat.

I like beaver. Tastes kinda salty...

Whiterabbit
08-07-2014, 11:54 AM
man, I am really struggling here to tell if you guys are serious or innuendo.

W.R.Buchanan
08-08-2014, 03:07 PM
White Rabbit: are you talking about Beavers or Boolits?

Pretty much all types of Beavers are good to eat.

Pretty much all types of Boolits are NOT!

I hope this clears it up for you?

Randy

Four-Sixty
08-09-2014, 11:11 PM
I'm waiting for someone to bring up eating cats some how...

drinks
08-10-2014, 03:53 PM
460, next time you are in Mexico, try some street vendor tamales.There is a reason there are stray dogs in Mexico, but no stray cats.

6bg6ga
08-10-2014, 04:16 PM
White Rabbit: are you talking about Beavers or Boolits?

Pretty much all types of Beavers are good to eat.

Pretty much all types of Boolits are NOT!

I hope this clears it up for you?

Randy

Just tried some Beaver and your right they do taste good. The younger ones seem fresher and tastier than the older ones. Yes, a tad bit salty.

Rafsob
08-17-2014, 01:03 PM
Ya just gotta love this state and the idiots in their capitol!!!

Duckiller
09-25-2014, 05:46 PM
An update. National Shooting Sports Foundation reported to Cal Fish and Game Commision that The price of non-toxic ammo was going to increase by 250-350% if theis law is fully implemented. Also said that to supply non-toxic ammo to Cal hunters that use 30/30s would take 108% of total production capacity for 30/30s. HSUS is going to get its way. Hunting will soon be a thing of the past in Cal. This is what happens when your politicians are for sale.