PDA

View Full Version : Rcbs lam ii

BIGRED
01-27-2014, 09:46 AM
All,
i have had a LAM II on order from Optics planet since June and every month they give me the run around.... i found 1 a few weeks back brand new on Amazon for $10 more so i now have it...

My question is should i keep my order through optics planet and when it does become available offer it up on the forum to another member who is in the same predicament as i was? of course i would NOT mark it up. just my cost + shipping (this way i am not out of pocket)

osteodoc08
01-27-2014, 10:10 AM
Personally, you'll never get what you want out of it and will lose money. Just cancel the order. You'll get stuck with shipping at least to you and a buyer isn't gonna pay the difference of your cost + shipping to you + shopping to them. Just cancel the order.

Me, if I need something, I'll search the web until I find it ready to buy or, preferably, buy used from the swap and sell section.

Bloodman14
01-27-2014, 11:47 AM
What he said.

Wayne Smith
01-27-2014, 12:01 PM
I have a LAMII and a Lyman 450. The LAM has smokless lube in it for rifles, the Lyman has a BP lube in it for pistols and BP. Consider your usage before you decide.

BIGRED
01-27-2014, 12:12 PM
i am just getting into using a real sizer / lubricator, and plan on using WL2500+ for pistols and rifles. i am still using TL design for several pistol calibers and they work very well so i do not plan on changing that anytime soon. I would rather not have 2 right now. seems i may be better canceling order.

country gent
01-27-2014, 12:15 PM
Ive had a set of Meade 20X80 astro/observation binoculars on order from optics planet since july and get next monthevery time I call on them. Has anybody gotten anything from Optics Planet?

osteodoc08
01-27-2014, 12:18 PM
Ive had a set of Meade 20X80 astro/observation binoculars on order from optics planet since july and get next monthevery time I call on them. Has anybody gotten anything from Optics Planet?

I ordered an EOTech from them several years ago (5 or 6). It was at my house in 3 or 4 days. Price was very reasonable compared to others at the time.

BIGRED
01-27-2014, 12:24 PM
Optics Planet has ALWAYS been good to me over the years..... this item for whatever reason is not coming as expected from RCBS. but why is it available from other places? is Optics Planet low on the totem pole as far as manufacturers are concerned?

Echo
01-27-2014, 12:36 PM
Cancel the order and check out eBay, if you think you need 2 loob/sizers.

SP5315
01-27-2014, 01:26 PM
Optics Planet has had me on perpetual backorder more than once. I kind of avoid them because of that. If you don't feel the need to have more than one lube sizer cancel the order. On the other hand I have found it quite useful to have more than one lube sizer for the bench. I have a LAM I for rifle lube, a LAM II for pistol lube, and a Lyman 4500 for playing around with new lube formulas. It does save a bunch of time not having to do the cleanup work when changing between lubes Just my .02 cents.

Shooternz
01-27-2014, 08:49 PM
I've have a RCBS LAM11 on order with them as well, when I check on the order it says it's on backorder it's been 4 months, I have the added problem of living off store and finding a seller that will export is very hard, Amazon as them in stock but won't export , Grafs will but don't have any,
I have found a seller on ebay that has one one backorder for me I am hoping he comes through my LAM1 has died and I am using a couple of Lyman 450's that are not really up to the job. Robert

CGT80
01-28-2014, 12:03 AM
I've have a RCBS LAM11 on order with them as well, when I check on the order it says it's on backorder it's been 4 months, I have the added problem of living off store and finding a seller that will export is very hard, Amazon as them in stock but won't export , Grafs will but don't have any,
I have found a seller on ebay that has one one backorder for me I am hoping he comes through my LAM1 has died and I am using a couple of Lyman 450's that are not really up to the job. Robert

Have you tried getting parts for the LAM I? I know your situation is different with being outside the US, but I was able to get repair parts and there wasn't even a charge for it. RCBS customer service was great to me.

ohland
02-05-2014, 06:58 PM
All,
i have had a LAM II on order from Optics planet since June and every month they give me the run around.... My question is should i keep my order through optics planet

Cancel it, and get a response acknowledging the cancellation from their customer service folks. Include the order number and date of the order, at a minimum.

I ordered something from a well-known west coast reloading supply company, they had it back-ordered over a month, it came in stock at Midway, so I used this company's web form to cancel it, with order number and date. Imagine my surprise when a box showed up two months later with the cancelled item. They charged my CC, so I wasn't super worried.

v/r,
Servant to the Plumbous Calf

:coffeecom