PDA

View Full Version : Who makes a custom (taller) riser for the Lee Pro Auto-Disk powder measure?

enfieldphile
01-26-2014, 12:10 AM
I have the Lee Pro Auto-Disk powder measure on my Lee Classic cast, 4-Hole Turret press.

Sometimes it bumps the Primer feed tray.

Does someone make a custom (taller) riser for the Lee Pro Auto-Disk powder measure so there is no interference w/ the primer tray?

TIA.

Westwindmike
01-26-2014, 12:30 AM
Lee does. I'm looking at page 17 of the 2013 catalog. Part number 90041.

Bzcraig
01-26-2014, 12:30 AM
I have the same setup and the only time I have that problem is when the powder measure gets turned a little from the ideal spot.

Tom Myers
01-26-2014, 01:11 AM
Just screw in another one on top of the one you are using.
When I am using the Auto Disk to drop Black Powder, I stack up 6 of them as a drop tube to compact the powder.

leadmonkey
01-26-2014, 11:58 AM
Just use two risers. They stack just fine. The powder measure will then clear the primer feeder tray, regardless of which way it's turned.

dragon813gt
01-26-2014, 12:04 PM
A second riser isn't really needed. You just have to make sure the powder measure stays over top of the dies. If it swings out it will clip the safety prime.

enfieldphile
01-27-2014, 12:52 AM
Thanks to everyone who replied. Yes, sometimes the only place that the powder measure is in the right position is when it's over the dies. :sad: So, adding another drop tube will get it out of the way!

I just ordered one. :)

Just use two risers. They stack just fine. The powder measure will then clear the primer feeder tray, regardless of which way it's turned.

leadmonkey
01-27-2014, 12:17 PM
The threaded part of the Pro Auto Disk powder measure that threads into the die is moveable. You have the luxury of positioning and tightening the measure where you want it, like directly over the dies.
The threaded part of the standard Auto Disk powder measure is not moveable. When you tighten it down, it may or may not end up up in this convenient position. If it's far enough up and out of the way, this doesn't matter.

enfieldphile
01-29-2014, 08:29 PM
I just put the second riser tube in. It works perfect! Thanks guys!