PDA

View Full Version : Making a trade tomorrow am i getting a good deal?

carbine86
01-25-2014, 12:17 PM
So I am trading off my ar-15 tomorrow which is a new frontier lw-15 with a jse surplus upper and bcg 18 inch fluted heavy dpms barrel and midwest industries rifle length free float tube with a vortex crossfire 4-12-44 scope. What am I getting.......
Ruger blackhawk in 357mag with extras
Iver johnson hawk 1911 in 45acp with extras
I am booting up the computer as week speak to upload the pictures of said firearms.

stephenj
01-25-2014, 12:48 PM
If you are happy with the trade then yep .... good deal

I find it best to forget all about any cash value with trading .
If you are getting something you want for something you dont its always a good deal

Silver Jack Hammer
01-25-2014, 12:53 PM
AR's were going for $2,000.00 for a short time, no one wanted to give me $2,000.00 for my Colt. Now AR's are back down to normal again. Who knows what the future holds.

I don't know anything about the Iver Johnson, have you shot it? I'd prefer to stick with Colt or Springfield Armory. Do you think you could sell it later if you wanted to?

Is the Ruger Blackhawk a divine 3 screw blessed by Moses, or is it one of them 6 shot transfer bar models? A Ruger Blackhawk .357 is one of the finest guns ever made in America but the new models can be had by the truckload for a good price. If you ever what to sell it you'll be competing with a lot of others for sale too.

I don't know anything about your AR model. One thing is that AR components are hard to come by now, handguns can be shot with cast boolits, I personally like to be able to make noise at the range.

When trading, always trade up. As my wife says when I contemplate a trade, 6 months from now are you going to be glad you did it or sorry you did it?

carbine86
01-25-2014, 12:56 PM
The iver johnson is made by the same manufacture that is contracted to make rock island armory and ati 1911. The black hawk is about 8 years old.

HeavyMetal
01-25-2014, 01:06 PM
I think you've got a fair deal going on, provided both guns shoot well.

However I think you need to get $50 boot if you got to touch those Green grips!

Burn them and burn them fast!

Let us know how they shoot, the blackhawk is a Bisley so should be very comfortable to shoot.

carbine86
01-25-2014, 01:08 PM
will post range report after getting them the green grips will be posted on armslist imediately I like the style but I do not want bright green.

Fire_Medic
01-25-2014, 04:03 PM
How much are you into the AR setup for? I wouldn't do the trade without getting cash along with the two pistols myself. I think the other guy is getting the better end of the deal but just me.

FM

Love Life
01-25-2014, 04:14 PM
If you have a spare AR then I would go for the deal. Franken AR's (unless built from top name parts) usually aren't worth as much as a factory offering. At least to me. I don't even consider home built AR's to buy or trade for.

If you have no spare AR then I would hang on to the one you have. They are good things to have.

Fernando
01-25-2014, 04:24 PM
Pretty even in my book.
That Bisley is a nice toy.

Dan Cash
01-25-2014, 04:47 PM
Whaat Love Life says. The two handguns you are trading for are a dime a dozen. So are ARs but they will sell for more and more quickly.

jmort
01-25-2014, 05:03 PM
Not exactly what LoveLife said. I would do the deal, but I think that Bisley Blackhawk is not a "dime a dozen" handgun, I would love to have one.

Bullshop Junior
01-25-2014, 05:10 PM
I would trade in a heart beat, for the shear fact those are two of my favorite pistols, and I hate ARs

Love Life
01-25-2014, 05:29 PM
I too hate AR's, but if I have to lay down a large amount of stank in a short amount of time, then I am grabbing the AR...or AK.

I think it is a fair trade, but as I said, only if you have another AR or 2 sitting at home.

jonp
01-25-2014, 05:58 PM
Last gunshow I saw a 357/9mm BH for $500 and a comparable Rock Island Tac for $389 both NIB. Do you think your AR would fetch more than $900 or so? I saw several AR's for $600 without upgrades so its up to you. I've made several trades that on paper made no sense but I was quite happy with as I got rid of something I didn't use and got something I had always wanted.

carbine86
01-25-2014, 07:56 PM
My ar was lower with ffl fees 135 shippe upper was 560 and scope was 150 with the only upgrade being a set of trigger springs. As for another ar I do have one with a standard 16 inch barrel.

carbine86
01-26-2014, 05:38 PM
Ok trade is done shot both pistols the ruger shot amazing only shot 6 rounds out of it found oit the 1911 had some trigger work done and is now very smooth shot 5 rounds out of it I am one happy camper with this trade.

FLHTC
01-26-2014, 08:34 PM
AR's were going for $2,000.00 for a short time, no one wanted to give me $2,000.00 for my Colt. Now AR's are back down to normal again. Who knows what the future holds.

I don't know anything about the Iver Johnson, have you shot it? I'd prefer to stick with Colt or Springfield Armory. Do you think you could sell it later if you wanted to?

Is the Ruger Blackhawk a divine 3 screw blessed by Moses, or is it one of them 6 shot transfer bar models? A Ruger Blackhawk .357 is one of the finest guns ever made in America but the new models can be had by the truckload for a good price. If you ever what to sell it you'll be competing with a lot of others for sale too.

I don't know anything about your AR model. One thing is that AR components are hard to come by now, handguns can be shot with cast boolits, I personally like to be able to make noise at the range.

When trading, always trade up. As my wife says when I contemplate a trade, 6 months from now are you going to be glad you did it or sorry you did it?

It's a Bisley, can't you tell?

carbine86
01-26-2014, 09:01 PM
Yes the thing is smooth loved it. This is my first wheelgun. Only 6 shots fired and already addicted.

contender1
01-26-2014, 09:32 PM
I think you did ok.
As noted, the Bisley's are not as common as many would think. And, if you didn't want the Bisley parts, you could swap them out & get a plow handle set AND boot in that trade.
I think you are fine!

bhn22
01-26-2014, 10:10 PM
I'm seeing clean used DPMS Oracle ARs around here for around $600.00.