PDA

View Full Version : Lee Precision

Bman1954
01-24-2014, 02:42 PM
Monday the return spring on my Lee safety prime either broke or wore out.I sent an email to Lee and today there was not 1 but 2 replacement springs in my mailbox.I'm not used to customer service like that in this day and age. Craig

brtelec
01-24-2014, 02:58 PM
This has been my experience with Lee. There are a lot of people that do not like Lee products and some for very good reasons. I have Lee products but I am choosy in regards to what I will buy from them and what I will not. Just like you thogh, I have found them to be very responsive to problems.

dudel
01-24-2014, 03:06 PM
Actually, it's what I've seen from Dillon, Hornady and RCBS as well. I wish manufacturers in other segments behaved as well.

DxieLandMan
01-24-2014, 03:06 PM
I have a lot of Lee things and I really like them. They do the job I need them to do and have nothing but great things to say about them.

bedbugbilly
01-25-2014, 12:54 PM
+1 dudel . . . well said!

blikseme300
01-26-2014, 07:49 AM
I use products from all the big names and have had good experiences with customer service each time I needed them. Customer service outcomes are directly proportional to your attitude when calling or emailing.

Garyshome
01-26-2014, 08:12 AM
I use some Lee Stuff also. It works well for me.

Lead Fred
01-26-2014, 09:00 AM
The only reloading stuff Ive ever seem broke, is Lee & lots of it.
The only part Ive bought in the last 10 years was a new tube for my Redding powder drop. It was yellowed after 40 years, yet its still on it and being used.
Ive thrown out or taken back every Lee piece Ive ever tried.

r1kk1
01-26-2014, 11:38 AM
I wished their custom services was ready again. Really like their rifle FCD, bullet sizers, custom 6 cavity moulds. I have to give kudos to their universal decapping die and my wife broke one after twenty some years of use and spent five bucks or so for a new decapping stem. It works well for 22 caliber to 45 and I use a Sinclair for other stuff the Lee doesn't do.

Other stuff not so much. I haven't got anything for free from Lee, I've paid for it. I have ordered factory direct and used their 30 day money back guarantee and it works.

Take care

r1kk1

DougGuy
01-26-2014, 11:51 AM
Nothing wrong with Lee stuff, BUT you need to be good with hands on and figuring how things work and tweaking them here and there to get the best out of Lee. As shipped, the stuff works good on paper. In the real world, ehh some of it you have to help along here and there. Powder measures and priming setups need help the rest of it is great for what you pay for it.

Gillie Dog
01-27-2014, 02:17 AM
r1kk1,

They are running custom services again. I think as of last October.

Just ordered a custom die.

GD

jcwit
01-27-2014, 12:23 PM
I have every major color on my bench and reloading/casting room.

I've only broken one thing from Lee, one of their C frame presses. Missed lubing a few 30-06 cases I was resizing and it broke. Mailed the broken part to Lee with an explanation as to what happened and that it was my fault and would send a check to cover the part & postage. Received the new part in less that 2 weeks with a note from them it was free gratis.

No company can do better than that.

It just makes sense to take care of ones tools no matter what they are used for.

And remember there are those who can break an anvil.:roll:

CastingFool
01-27-2014, 04:33 PM
I bought a set of Lee 480 Ruger dies, and some of the empties I had fit the shell holder some didn't. I miked them and the only difference I found was rim thickness. I email both Lee Precision and Hornady (the maker of the cases) It was explained to me that there had been a change in their dimensions. At any rate, I got a new shell holder from Lee and another one from Hornaday, both free of charge. The new shell holders work just fine. I thought that was pretty decent.

r1kk1
01-27-2014, 05:16 PM
r1kk1,

They are running custom services again. I think as of last October.

Just ordered a custom die.

GD

Nope.
http://leeprecision.com/lee-custom-services/

Still waiting

r1kk1

Rustyleee
01-27-2014, 05:56 PM
I've never had anything but great experiences with Lee. In fact they have been more than fair. When they had their custom shop I wanted one of their 310, 44 cal molds but without the gascheck. They said that since someone else had already ordered the same mold and they had the cherry cut I only had to pay the price of the mold and a $10 special order fee.

jmort
01-27-2014, 06:46 PM
They started taking custom orders in December and apparently closed down custom work again. I bet it will be back soon.

dudel
01-27-2014, 09:01 PM
Nope.
http://leeprecision.com/lee-custom-services/

Still waiting

r1kk1

I found the same thing (no custom services). Buckshot, a member here, made me a custom Lee style sizing die with very short turnaround, great price and stupendous quality. I would say better quality then Lee even. Look him up. Many satisfied Buckshot clients here. His skills are not limited to Lee sizers.

r1kk1
01-28-2014, 05:08 PM
I found the same thing (no custom services). Buckshot, a member here, made me a custom Lee style sizing die with very short turnaround, great price and stupendous quality. I would say better quality then Lee even. Look him up. Many satisfied Buckshot clients here. His skills are not limited to Lee sizers.

I will! I need some longer bullet pushing stems made.

Take care

r1kk1