PDA

View Full Version : need a mainspring

Toad
01-24-2014, 10:13 AM
Is anyone here able to make a mainspring for an old muzzleloading shotgun. I do not hsve the old dpring. I can send the lock to you, HELP!! Thanks

BDJ
01-25-2014, 07:56 AM
Toad
Try the folks at Log Cabin gun shop. I'm sure they can help you or hook you up with some one that can.

http://www.logcabinshop.com
They are in Ohio -- south of Cleveland.

Changeling
01-25-2014, 05:35 PM
There used to be a place called "Track of the Wolf" that dealed heavily in all things associated with muzle loading.
I don't know if they are still in business but you can do a search and see.

ratboy
01-26-2014, 07:00 PM
i grew up with the cabin. wes was good friends with my father. they can help but you will most likely have to call them.
track of the wolf has a feature on their website that has real size pictures so you can match what lock you have.
both will probably have what you need just depends how you want to do it

KCSO
01-27-2014, 02:32 PM
I have a whole box of springs for M/L guns and may have what you need. Is this a front or back action?

scpaul
02-21-2014, 12:20 AM
I recently delt with "Jack's First,Inc.". Very nice people. The lady named Becky even went so far as to get a dial caliper to make sure the part would fit or atleast be able to be "adjusted" to work.Their phone number(no catalog on line) is 605-343-9544. They not only had the part(blue not stainless , big deal)I needed ,but it was a little more than 1/2 the retail price. I got the part 1 week later. Part,shipping and all $21.33. Businesses like this need to be publisized and patronized ! The big manufacturer, when I finally got through told me they won, be supporting products mfg. prior to some point in 1995. Rifles last longer than that;Don't they ? seriously ya'll try these people, bet if they don't have it they will try to help you anyway. If I just broke the rules I'm sorry. I'm new ,Help? Paul