PDA

View Full Version : meat eater goodness

acguy45
01-24-2014, 12:51 AM
I just started watching this show on the sportsman channel nothing people with cable don't know ( I don't have it so I didn't know) I checked out his show and then his website and he's got some interesting recipes and hunting footage. Just figured I'd share.

themeateater.com

GSP4EVER
01-25-2014, 07:56 AM
Meat Eater is a great show. He also has a book by the same name that is a good read. Hes done a couple of episodes that are just wild game cooking. A recent episode he was wild pig hunting. Then he had an episode of just cooking that pig and the different things you could make from it.

472x1B/A
01-25-2014, 08:55 AM
I will have to turn this on to my kid. He thinks on the lines of only one food group, MEAT! Thanks for the info acguy45. ( Don't suppose you are into Allis Chalmers 'stuff' huh? )

acguy45
01-26-2014, 01:15 PM
No I'm an AC tech.

Shiloh
01-26-2014, 08:57 PM
Knew a missionary lady who got married in southern Mali, Africa. The wedding feast was BBQ warthog, and chickens. Made a silver capped pendant from one of the tusk tips for her.

Shiloh

Bullshop Junior
01-26-2014, 09:04 PM
All i grew up eating was either raised by us, or harvested by us. A lot of meat and taters. Cant wait to become a texas resident so I can kill of a couple of these tasty bite sized deer.

gkainz
01-26-2014, 09:28 PM
Sounds like Amanda's already started the hunting plans. You just need a better grill guard for road hunting! :)

Bullshop Junior
01-26-2014, 09:54 PM
Yea, the home made one is looking pretty shabby lol.

NVScouter
02-17-2014, 06:36 PM
I've made two of his recipes and on his site was linked to an amazing shank recipe. I did two elk front shanks, feeds about 6 and its was AMAZING! Love Steve and his book is a very good read.

the shank recipe is Tom Valenti's lamb shanks. Calls for 4 lamb shanks but I used two elk instead. I'll never bone out a shank again...seriously.

DougGuy
03-19-2014, 10:01 PM
I downloaded 43 episodes posted on usenet and I like the show. Girlfriend likes the scenery so she enjoys it too. She also enjoys wild game that I kill. You can tell it's somewhat staged, and the crew stays well out of sight but all in all I think it's a great show and his cooking episodes are pretty good, he shows the ingredients when he puts the recipes together but not the quantity, you can kinda guess at it though from how they show it, and get it close enough. I certainly will use the marinade he put the javelina ham in, and I liked the Weston propane smoker he uses, would love to get one just like it.

Thanks for posting acguy, I would have not known about it except for this thread..

waksupi
03-19-2014, 11:31 PM
I watched the pigeon hunting clip. When we were kids, we would go in the barns and under bridges. We would shine a flashlight at the pigeons, and they would fly directly to us. We would grab them out of the air, stuff them in a gunny sack until we had enough for a meal. You could pretty much completely clean out a barn in a night or two.

NVScouter
03-28-2014, 10:08 PM
I watched the pigeon hunting clip. When we were kids, we would go in the barns and under bridges. We would shine a flashlight at the pigeons, and they would fly directly to us. We would grab them out of the air, stuff them in a gunny sack until we had enough for a meal. You could pretty much completely clean out a barn in a night or two.

That's pretty darn Ninja!